RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
226 Posts
I just read that they only come in when the headlights are in. Kind of tempted to head out and try.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
229 Posts
I just read that they only come in when the headlights are in. Kind of tempted to head out and try.
Correct. They will spray when you start the car, turn on the headlights and spray the front windshield. I forgot how many windshield washer sprays it takes to get the headlight washer to spray again.

2015.5 RRS HSE SCV6

·
Registered
198 Posts
When headlights are on... and you use the windshield wiper wash feature squirting blue cleaning fluid on the windshield... they come on and spray the snot out of the headlights... The manual says once every 10 times/cycles that the windshield cleaner is activated but I've had it happen every single time I've washed the windshield with the spray feature... I know it because I get annoyed with all the blue fluid on the hood and front bumper and fender panels/when they are awashed with blue streaks... as I keep my Rover clean as possible when not off-roading. So, I've all but stopped using the windshield wash feature...

Also, my wipers seem to have a mind of their own in the rain... No matter what the delay setting is they run at whatever speed they want even on the lowest and slowest setting. I wish I could deactivate the "rain sensing wiper feature" and have them simply run on the delay setting I select... It's my only complaint aside from the retarded "Auto-Start" feature of which I've permanently disabled with nothing but positive and blissful effect.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I didn't think those were headlight washers until I used my windshield wipers and saw the light in front of me started looking weird with random dark spots for a second or two. Then I realized that was the water from headlight washers hitting the headlight.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think, just like the washer for the back-up camera only activates if you are in reverse, the headlight washers only activate if the headlights are on.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
281 Posts
Living in Tahoe years ago, during some real cold winters, I'd have to stop and chip a layered mixture of fluid, snow, dirt off the headlights. The heated windshield would keep it from freezing there, but super cold temps overpowered the so-called anti-freeze solution. Wish it could have been disconnected from just washing the windshield. Snow flakes alone didn't stick, but slushy fluid did.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What is really annoying is that, in most of California, they cannot sell anti-freeze windshield washer fluid. We live at 3000-ft and it can actually get cold here. We have to buy the anti-freeze stuff when we are in another state and stockpile it for later use.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There's a washer for the backup camera?!

2015.5 RRS HSE SCV6
Yes, indeed. And it comes in really handy if you have to travel about 14 miles on an unpaved road to get to your home. Not so bad in winter, but the dust totally blocks the camera lens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts