RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 RR Supercharged with the AFS headlights. I replaced the headlights around 6 months ago, as my original ones were faded beyond what a restoration kit could fix. I've begun noticing that the driver's side is dipped probably 10 inches lower than where the passenger side beam hits, so I took to the forums and realized the beams are adjustable.

Went to adjust them this evening -- the passenger side adjusts as normal, but the "screw" on the driver's side just spins and the beam does not move. Any ideas on this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gotcha. It feels exactly like the gears are stripped. Is this a special part, or something universal I could buy and replace? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has anyone ever replaced one of the adjusters? I can't find any Range Rover parts, but have a feeling it might be a shared part with BMW.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally got around to opening up my headlight to see what was broken. To my surprise, I found that nothing was broken at all. The adjuster was functional and it was on its track. The white ball joint had slipped from its "receiver," for lack of a better word. After some fiddling, and a little bit of force, I got it back into the slot and now my headlights are fully adjustable. The horizontal adjustment had also slipped from its holder. Fortunately, these headlights are big so there's plenty of room to work. I've provided a picture of what mine looked like before I repaired -- hopefully it can be of help to someone. Take a look at the white pieces.

Cheers!

IMG_3835.JPG

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts