RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Borught the car to the dealer for a service before the warranty runs out. Took care of a few niggly things and some odds and ends. Get a call and the Tech says that my headlight motor went out while they had it. I've never had an issue with my headlights. He said that one of the caps got loose and the motor inside the headlight is wonky so it's throwing a fault on the dash.

Says I need to replace the headlight.

What? Seriously? I have had ZERO issues with my headlight and now I have to pony up cause it broke WHILE it was in service? He said it would not be covered under warranty. Got quoted 1600 for a new headlight.

I'm kinda pissed off about this.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If the vehicle is still under warranty, the headlamp assy. is still under warranty, barring any physical damage. Things on these vehicles do break while they are at the dealer. I see it frequently, but that has absolutly NOTHING to do with the warranty coverage. ibis1 ;)

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Goinkin said:
Borught the car to the dealer for a service before the warranty runs out.
He said it would not be covered under warranty.
ibis1 said:
If the vehicle is still under warranty, the headlamp assy. is still under warranty, barring any physical damage. Things on these vehicles do break while they are at the dealer. I see it frequently, but that has absolutly NOTHING to do with the warranty coverage. ibis1 ;)
Yeah, wtf. I had the adaptive headlights fail under warranty (got the icon on the dash and they wouldn't turn/move/swivel around) and they replaced them... You're the second person I know of to have an issue with them though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts