RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in between being plain mean and making fun of people I do some stuff to my truck.

Before.

During.

After.

Now I know the side pieces under the headlights still need to be painted black, I will get to it eventually.

I just wanted to send a big thanks out to all the knowledgeable contributors on this forum without which my truck would have been sent to the scrapper a long time ago. I am sure kmags would love to have at another rhino for parts. :lol:

I also wanted to let everyone know I got the headlight lenses at a very fair price (with bulbs!!!) from Scotty.
I have to mention that he is the best customer service guy I have ever dealt with.
The lengths he went to to ship these headlights to me were beyond most people I am certain. He tells it best:

"I went to ship out your lights during the week and when I carefully inspected them the drivers light had a broken off bracket where it would mount to the bottom of the wheel well! I Golly Gee Whiz. I called the guy I bought them from and he said HUH sorry ... I responded with you fricken kidding me right ! He did not have another light, So this morning I woke up and removed my drivers headlight and replaced it with the broken one. I get these all the time so it's no big deal to me...

SORRY for all BS..

Scotty"

On top of all that every question I had was answered within 24 hrs. Shipping was fast and reasonable.
Thanks again buddy! :clap: I will let you know when I need something else! :thumb:

Eric

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Were your original lights the old style, all chrome ones? Or were they just faded really bad?

Yes, I want your passenger seat leather.

Yes, Scotty is the absolute best.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
99% sure there was some kind of rebuild, I don't think it was too major. Everything is straight and runs perfect. So my guess is that the PO just got the cheapest parts they could.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
WOW Eric your Rangi looks great, I'm very glad I was able to help with the lights. :clap: :clap: Thank you for the kind words..

Scotty

·
Registered
300 Posts
I just want to say that Scotty also was very courteous and helpful when I asked him for a rail guide for the sunroof. He made sure we both were talking about the same part, the same side of the truck, etc. Kind of "measure twice, cut once" type of stuff.
He then put the part in a tube and sent it to me within a day or two of my ordering. Excellent!!
One of the negative stereotypes of us Mexicans is the "Mañana syndrome". Well, I guess I fit it because I have been meaning to post to thank Scotty but...
Anyway, thanks Scotty and I too will look your way when next I need a part. (Hope I didn't just jinx myself).

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
I don't think manana syndrome (no tilde on my keyboard) is for mexicans only. Anything that I can procrastinate on, I will. For instance, in my garage I have new ball joints and blend motors I've been meaning to install for over a year now. I'll get to it later.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
I picked up a BECM from Carl oh several month ago and still it sets there on the bench. I have wraped it with bubble wrap though.. :lol: manana syndrome :?

Scotty

·
Registered
38 Posts
I always appreciate the photos of progressing work. Thanks everyone! Kind of on the same topic, is there a good way to "freshen up" the Range Rover letters on the front of the hood? Mine are looking a little dull...

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Several people have done this I replaced mine, try search....

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kmags, Not what I was going for at all.... :wink: (245 views HAHAHAHA)

·
Registered
123 Posts
very nice..
Although I haven't picked up anything from Scotty just yet, I will soon enough, he has been kind enough to answer all my questions. A good guy indeed. I may have to get a hold of him for lights..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts