Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So pretty much every time I drive at night now my driver's side headlight will flash incredibly bright for a split second... then it will flicker a bit for a minute... then it will go out. If I turn it off then back on it will usually stay on and just flicker a bit from time to time. I've read a few threads that referenced the light flickering or not coming on all together... but the big flash is a new one to me. The previous threads pointed to a bad igniter (fairly common, somewhat universal part that can be had for $70... not sold by the dealer). I'm figuring to go that route after I make sure my grounds are good. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

-Mag

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,253 Posts
Switched bulbs from side to side yet Keith?
Same with other parts, before buying any.
I know ours also come on bright, then dim a little and get steady. No problems with output though, so I left well enough alone!
Martin

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man I've been so concerned with technical stuff I forgot the simplest thing to try. :doh: Thanks Martin.

PS... it's a flash after I've been driving for 5-10 mins. Looks like a really bright camera flash.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,253 Posts
new one on me mate. Like I said, ours go brighter for a second, then settle to "normal", or what I ASSume to be normal anyway;)
Swap some parts tomorrow and let us know.
Must be warmer down there than here in IL and NE where I have been running. Is it summer yet? This is getting old....:crybaby2:
Martin

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Mine started the almost same thing (mine would just flash, not go out), same side a few weeks ago.
I swapped the bulbs side-to-side to see if the flash follows.
It hasn't happened again since.
I think it's the 10-year old bulbs, and I want to replace them anyway, before they impact the ignitor & balast health.
But I just bought replacement O2 sensors, so I'm pacing myself right now.

...I take that back - the light did go out once...

Must be warmer down there than here in IL and NE where I have been running. Is it summer yet? This is getting old....:crybaby2:
Martin
Must be that global warming. We expect to break a record for hi temp today here. The previous record was set in 1923. I wonder if they whined about global warming back then? Probably not. At least up until I went through elementary school, they told us we were coming out of an ice-age cycle....:razz:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts