RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought another RR, this time a 2006 SC. Old but in very good shape....84000 miles but there are a few bugs to be ironed out. The headlights seem to be on "automatic" no matter what position the switch is on. The only way to turn them off, with the switch on the "off" position", is to turn off the car. I cannot access the parking lights only. The fogs can be accessed but only thru the"on position" just above the auto position.Stumped the band on this one. Do I replace the switch or the module or re-program some how, or what? Please tell me some one else had this issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldn't I still be able to hit the second position, which is parking lights? It's as if that function doesn't exist. Could a programmer also activate the cornering lights? (I read that they aren't enabled on North American vehiclses)

·
Registered
61 Posts
DRL when enabled is on when the parking brake is off regardless less of light position. NAS headlamp housings that I have seen do not have the socket/bulb for the corning light. Generally the models with adaptive lighting dont get that feature as I understand it in foreign markets.

·
Registered
631 Posts
My 06 SC is Canadian and has DRL enabled. Here's how my switch works, if this helps.

As soon as the vehicle is started the high beam bulbs (not the HID low beams) come on at half voltage, this is your Daytime Running Light. Regardless of the position of the light switch. They only turn off when your switch is set to ON and the main lowbeams come on, or if your switch is in AUTO and it gets dark and the light sensor triggers the lights to come on in which case parking lights and lowbeams come on and DRL shuts off.

Putting the hand brake on it the only way to turn off the DRL.

I leave my switch in auto all the time. Front and rear fog lights can't be triggered in auto. I switch it to ON if I need fog lights.

When I switch it to parking lights, the lowbeams turn off and everything else comes on. The DRL lights come on, unless I pull the hand brake, then they shut off.

Does your truck function this way??

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmmm....that sounds about right. My truck is in the body shop for a couple of days more and I will use your post, Junior, to check it out and see. It really sounds like my DRL is enabled. I have an 09 and it was very clear that when I turned the switch to the second position, parking lights, everything shut down except for the marker lights. On my 06, I didn't see any forward lights turning off but I didn't realize the high beams may be on at half voltage. I thought it was the HID's. The other thing that bothers me is that the lights don't seem to "dance" when engaged like the 09. I actually switched the headlight assemblies between the vehicles and the lights on the 09 still "dance" while the 06 still doesn't, if that makes sense. I thought there may be an issue with my AFS system but if the high beams are actually the ones that are engaging , then they wouldn't be doing that, I guess. On the 09, I noticed that the adaptive light function does work but I haven't noticed that on the 06 but also haven't looked for it as I haven't had the vehicle to drive since I bought it. Thank you very much for your input. I will report back soon.

·
Registered
631 Posts
The AFS system could quit working, and the high and low beams would still work properly.

With the AFS, when you start it up at night time, you'd see them jump up and down as they power up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
In the ccf or what ever they call it on these you can configure which lights are used for the drl feature, high or low. I experimented on my 07. Low beam is not configureable on intensity but the high beam is. On the 07 the fogs work in the auto and on position.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the first thing I noticed was that my lights did not jump up and down.......I first thought that there was a problem with the AFS system....How to diagnose?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I first purchased the vehicle, I noticed no dancing. I actually switched the entire head lamp assemblies from an 09 and the headlights continue to dance in the 09 but not the 06. That told me that the problem is obviously not in the assembly which is the good new. Bad news is that it did not solve the problem. I thought that maybe the module located behind the hood latch might be the issue or maybe I could get lucky and find that it is merely a programming issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts