RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 07 and one of my low light beams went out last week. I've found replacement bulbs at autozone from $94-$125 each then I saw someone recommend retrofit source, and found bulbs for $30 each, and some kind of plug and play system for $155 including the two bulbs https://www.theretrofitsource.com/h7-profile-powerhouse-hid-system.html

I am beyond confused on what to do, should I just go get replacements at autozone, or order the two $30 bulbs from retrofit, or will those not work by themselves, and I have to buy the plug and play system?

·
Registered
631 Posts
The Retrofit Source sells bulbs that will fit, and may be better bulbs than what AutoZone has for $100.

Do you know what brand they had?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 Range Rover Supercharged
161 Posts
I've got an 07 and one of my low light beams went out last week. I've found replacement bulbs at autozone from $94-$125 each then I saw someone recommend retrofit source, and found bulbs for $30 each, and some kind of plug and play system for $155 including the two bulbs https://www.theretrofitsource.com/h7-profile-powerhouse-hid-system.html

I am beyond confused on what to do, should I just go get replacements at autozone, or order the two $30 bulbs from retrofit, or will those not work by themselves, and I have to buy the plug and play system?
Can you confirm that you have the HID/Xenon headlights? If yes, then you need a D1S bulb. Retrofitsource sells them.
With HID's I would recommend you replace both at the same time. If one side has just gone out, the other is not far behind. HID bulbs also change color as they age, so any replacement single bulb will not match the other.
Here are the Morimoto D1S bulbs ($75/pr):
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-parts/hid-bulbs-d-series/d1s-morimoto-xb-hid.html
Stick with the 4500K temp... it will be the closest to OEM color and will also provide the best visibility.
I have run "morimoto" bulbs from The RetrofitSource with great success in several cars.

Now if you have non-HID, your bulb is an H7 and that should be available locally for $20.

I would not buy the single bulb for $95-$125 from Autozone and you certainly do not need any sort of plug-and-play system if you have factory HID's in your RR.

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The headlights I currently have are the OEM xenon lights. I appreciate the info you guys gave it definitely helped and gave me confidence in my purchase. I was about to check out with Morimoto when I noticed you can use amazon pay, so I checked amazon and found the 6500k D1S bulb for 37.50 each. I definitely wanted the closer to OEM 4500k, but I just couldn’t justify spending double for that. I got away with $83 shipped 1 day for both bulbs. I almost went to autozone and bought the Sylvania eXtreme bulbs for $124 each, glad I waited!

·
Registered
4 Posts
The headlights I currently have are the OEM xenon lights. I appreciate the info you guys gave it definitely helped and gave me confidence in my purchase. I was about to check out with Morimoto when I noticed you can use amazon pay, so I checked amazon and found the 6500k D1S bulb for 37.50 each. I definitely wanted the closer to OEM 4500k, but I just couldn’t justify spending double for that. I got away with $83 shipped 1 day for both bulbs. I almost went to autozone and bought the Sylvania eXtreme bulbs for $124 each, glad I waited!
I'm glad you found what you need, but for future reference the $75 Morimoto price mentioned above is per pair... two bulbs.

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm glad you found what you need, but for future reference the $75 Morimoto price mentioned above is per pair... two bulbs.
Canceled the 6500k I got an amazon, which I believe were an older model that Morimoto themselves said were lacking precision on the beam, and ordered the 4500k new model.

·
Registered
2011 Range Rover Supercharged
161 Posts
Canceled the 6500k I got an amazon, which I believe were an older model that Morimoto themselves said were lacking precision on the beam, and ordered the 4500k new model.
Excellent. I am glad you were able to get it all squared away. Not sure you would have been too happy with the 6500K bulbs. Those would have been pretty far down into the blue color spectrum. The morimoto bulbs are a solid choice. Buying a quality bulb is especially important with a bulb type like the D1S with the integrated igniter on the back of the bulb.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I prefer 5k to 4300k, just a small small hint of blue.

But yeah, I have driven friends vehicles with 6500k and it's pretty bad, 10k+ is complete garbage :(

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts