RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the RH Headlight Assembly on my '06 RRS SC (vandalism). The dealer quoted me over $1500 just in parts (d'oh), but I found a few on flea-bay for about $600. Should I "risk" the used ones on Ebay? They come from established vendors with lots of good feedback and "eBay Buyer Protection." I looked at some of the "modified" ones, but they all look a bit tacky to me, and I don't think they'd look too good on my Silver RRS SC anyway.

Any other options I'm overlooking?

Thanks,
TJ

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ask the eBay stores for more pics if they could, and ask for condition. Most reputable places are descent. Try looking at kijiji around where you live too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Frisco_TX_RRS said:
Did you check the one on the for sale board - he has it modified but 2 for $1500.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=39498
I did see those, but I don't think they'd look that good on my Silver RRS SC and I'm leaving the vehicle otherwise stock, so just modded headlights would probably look a bit funny.

-TJ

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,165 Posts
call tony over at cerrone's. since you're a club member and they're a club sponsor, they'll give you a discount. LR redwood city is a club sponsor as well and they give club discounts, but tony should be able to give you the same cost or lower.

·
Registered
93 Posts
tjZ06 said:
I need to replace the RH Headlight Assembly on my '06 RRS SC (vandalism). The dealer quoted me over $1500 just in parts (d'oh), but I found a few on flea-bay for about $600. Should I "risk" the used ones on Ebay? They come from established vendors with lots of good feedback and "eBay Buyer Protection." I looked at some of the "modified" ones, but they all look a bit tacky to me, and I don't think they'd look too good on my Silver RRS SC anyway.

Any other options I'm overlooking?

Thanks,
TJ
TJ,
If you go used or any non-dealer unit make sure your getting the same lamp you have. Probably an adaptive unit, but there are HID units as well and you can't mix them up. ibis1 ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts