RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that the driver's side headlamp washer is stuck open. It's been about 20 degrees there the past few days and the washer fluid is frozen, so maybe that's what's causing it? I'm letting the car warm up in hoped to thaw the fluid then I'll try the spray again and see if that helps. When I tried it earlier, the non-stuck one didn't even pop out, while the stuck one is out about 2 1/2 inches. Any other ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: I let the car run for about 45 minutes and the washer went back in. I tested the fluid and the it worked on the windshield, but the headlamp washers didn't do anything. Is that because the car needs to be moving for them to spray?

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
Yep.. As you know our trucks have the DRLs when in drive, either that or the headlights need to be on for the headlight washer.

What can I say besides invest in a bottle of $4 low temp washer fluid. I like using RainX as it applies a unnoticeable layer to the windscreen to bead rain.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep.. As you know our trucks have the DRLs when in drive, either that or the headlights need to be on for the headlight washer.

What can I say besides invest in a bottle of $4 low temp washer fluid. I like using RainX as it applies a unnoticeable layer to the windscreen to bead rain.
The lights were on. I ordered the Nexzett low temp stuff a month ago and it hasn't been delivered yet. Hopefully soon.

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
Walmart, Wawa, and most of the other places carry it.. Just pick some up and add it to try to stop freezing.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used to use the Rain X orange stuff, but it used to gunk up the nozzles. I heard good stuff about the nextzett low temp stuff and I've been using the regular nextzett and I love it. I'l just run out and get some blue anti-freeze stuff.

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
You folks do remember that the headlight washers only operate every fifth use of the windscreen washers.... ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts