RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I noticed the headlamp pressure wash does not spray either side.. the pipes seem in place and the other screen wash pumps work. i know there is a relay in the front fuse box and two fuses, anyone have any clues as to why it may not work.. i may have to strip out the washer bottle to check the pump itself. i do realise it works on a timer system, can i ask does the headlamp switch need to be not in the Auto light position...

any help appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.. Lights on Position.. not Auto Light Position, which i always use..

·
Registered
713 Posts
And you do realise that the headlamp washers do not work every time the windshield washer is used when the lights are on - it is something like once every 7 squirts of the windshield washer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks i understand they only work every may be 5th operation off the screen washer, when the lights are turned on.. ive just checked the fuses in the engine bay and they are OK, the relay is plugged in but i'm not sure how i can test its function when pulled out of the fuse box. The next job will to be checking the washer bottle Pumps if i can get easy access.
My other concern is the actual position of the LIGHTS ON switch i leave mine on AUTO when in this position you cannot use your front FOG lamps or rear Fog lamp.. i just wonder if i need the Switch leaving on just Lights ON.. not AUTO. ill try it later.

·
Administrator
27,795 Posts
Apologies for the confusion, the owners manual just says head lamps must be "on", it wouldn't matter if your are using the Auto.

HEADLAMP POWER WASH If the headlamps are on, and there is sufficient liquid in the washer reservoir, operating the windshield washer will also power-wash theheadlamps.
The headlamp power wash will operate on every fifth operation of the windshield washer, provided that the headlamps are still switched on and 10 minutes have elapsed since the last headlamp wash.
Switching the headlamps off and back on again will reset the cycle.

When using the Terrain Response system, the headlamp wash will operate every third operation of the windshield washer in all Special Programs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts