RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the forum just bought my first 09 RRS yesterday. Thanks to all the help I got from other members I got a great deal. The thought behind buying now and not couple months later and get the 2010 model was simple the great deals that are out there right now for the 09 and I am sure the 2010 model is going to have some bugs that would need to be ironed out and instead of being at the dealership half of the year I can wait couple years and get a great deal and a car that will hopefully be sound in 2012.

I allready ordered new wheels 22" redboune saxons which will be installed on the car by the end of this week going in for window tinting all around tommorow and going back to the dealer friday to swap the front grill and side vents for the RRS supercharge ones, I personally like them better than the grey plastic ones that are on right now and it will still look stock.

I am sure I will have more questions but I hope you guys can help me out on this one thing I searched everywere online and did not find anything and I even read the owners handbook :D and still can't figure it out. When I turn the car off at night and take the key out of the ignition the outside headlamps remain on for a few seconds. Is there a way to turn that off, I have had alot of other cars over the years but all of them had a way to turn that feature off, I just can't seem to figure it out on this car.. HELP :D

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,165 Posts
that's called "follow me home" or something like that. if i had to guess, you're leaving your headlight switch turned all the way clockwise to automatically turn on when it gets dark? you have two options. at the end of your left hand stalk (assuming north america build), there's a button. if you hit that button, the display between the gauges will show a settings menu. use the steering wheel controls as indicated to find the follow me home option and turn it off. also, follow me home doesn't function when the headlight switch is in the fully off position.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
vaksub, welcome to the forum and congratulations. I don't think there is a way to turn off the headlamp "courtesy" delay via the Settings menu, unfortunately. You can increase the duration of the delay up to 4 minutes or so, but the default minimum is 30 seconds and I do not recall an "Off" option (in my 2006, they may have corrected that omission on later model year?) As Phil mentioned, you can flip the headlights switch to the off position if you have it on Auto and the lights will turn off instantly. Not very convenient, I know... Your dealer may be able to turn off the feature via diagnostics if it's really annoying to you - but they would likely charge you a fee.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
yikes! yeah i checked that this morning on my way in and noticed there wasn't an explicit way to turn it off. only down to 30sec delay as umberto said.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Also - I discovered this by accident - after turning off the engine, if you move the key still in the ignition from position I (accessory) to II (ignition), that appears to cancel the headlights timer. You can then remove the key from the ignition, the headlights should stay off.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you turn the head lights off before you turn the engine off, the headlights will not be on when you remove the key. Voila, your in the dark

·
Registered
270 Posts
Congrats on the purchase Vaksub. Details and pics on your ride please. Ive had my 09 for about a month now, and still haven't set up the personal settings yet. I put on the 22 in Chrome Dukes on my RRS. You will love your new shoes. Just like when we were kids, and you were rockin the Reebok pumps and mommy comes home with the new Jordans...

Word of advice...Make sure you figure out hte automatic wiper deal and how to turn it off.. Went the the autowash last week (no hand washers in KS and too lazy to do it myself) and torqued the left wiper. Maybe you are smarter than me, but just in case...

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
bop08 said:
If you turn the head lights off before you turn the engine off, the headlights will not be on when you remove the key. Voila, your in the dark
I believe you can also turn them to the off position after the courtesy delay comes on if you are in auto (swtiching from auto to off). I typically do this when I've parked near a restaurant and my lights are shining right inside.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Anyone every had only ONE follow me home headlight? My headlights work fine, but last night I noticed only one light on after I shut the engine off...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts