RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Today in the freeway some idiot dropped a piece of wood or not sure what it was, had the back luck another car hit it and went straight to me, wondering if this can be fixed with PDR in the edge of the hood as this part is double metal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Ugh, that is just sickening. Ridiculous to have that kind of damage from an unsecured load.

A really good PDR rep can do miracles. It is certainly worth a try. Give one or two in your area a call for a consultation. As far as the headlight, perhaps LKQ has one in their network.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ugh, that is just sickening. Ridiculous to have that kind of damage from an unsecured load.

A really good PDR rep can do miracles. It is certainly worth a try. Give one or two in your area a call for a consultation. As far as the headlight, perhaps LKQ has one in their network.
I appreciate it RRtoadHall, I can get the headlight from eBay and check if the PDR can get it fixed still my deductible is a cheaper route, only concern would be Carfax or higher insurance premiums, never been involved in an accident before, not sure how it works, of course don’t want a new hood or re paint either

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Since no police report was filed you may not get a Carfax ding. Insurance companies often do not report Comprehensive claims especially when so minor.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it, much appreciated, I’ll check with insurance on Tuesday then

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I’m sorry to see this, it’s horrible when these things happen!

As a point of reference, I got $1250 worth of damage in a Car park a few years ago, I claimed on Insurance, it didn’t affect my premium ( MetLife) but a Carfax was attached, I wasn’t aware until I went to trade it in.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it, at this point not sure what would be best, if the PDR gets that dent out I still need to do a touch up, probably that’s better then have the hood replaced

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Well, all I can tell you is what I would do. Source a Headlight and replace it, then go to yelp and find a Guy who does Dent repairs, we have some incredible ones around here in SoCal that work wonders, they post before and after pics.

Obviously it won’t be a PDR but quite a few paint and blend.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, all I can tell you is what I would do. Source a Headlight and replace it, then go to yelp and find a Guy who does Dent repairs, we have some incredible ones around here in SoCal that work wonders, they post before and after pics.

Obviously it won’t be a PDR but quite a few paint and blend.

Can those guys also re shape the area, straighten out, the impact was so hard, the metal is bent if I open the hood one side won’t close properly because one side is flush with the headlight

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
471 Posts
That last pic looks challenging for PDR. Especially with aluminum.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also looks like a double lip on the very edge

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Guys,

LR body shop told me 1st replace hood and blend side panels and also like a 2 month wait lol , I said no and then they told to get the dent out sand and blend that area, faster waiting time

2 PDR guys told me it would not come out perfect.

another body shop, they told me blend that area and clear coat full hood.

was wondering if anyone had just a small area repair and what was the outcome, I don't have a lot of options I think.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,460 Posts
That metallic grey will be hard to blend. The right way would be to replace or repair the hood and repaint the whole hood.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The only problem is they don’t want to repaint just the hood, I was thinking the same, the PDR GUY said maybe he could do like 70% but I was still able to noticed a line where the edge folds

1 - 14 of 14 Posts