RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think I've got everything... Laptop, check.... Rave, check.... Spare EAS driver, check.... Spare EAS ECU, check.... OBDII cable and EAS Unlocker software, check.... EAS buddy box, check... Spare Pressure switch, check.... EAS Delay Timer, check.... Jumper wires, check.... 5lt oil, check.... Auto Trans fluid, check.... 20lt water, check.... 20lt fuel, check.... Spare Serpentine belt, check.... Tools to change all of the above, check....

That should do for the trip to the shops..... Actually going a bit further than that and although I seem a little paranoid about the EAS, I'm not really but it's nice to be prepared, plus I have more spares for that part of the car than any other bit. Checked all the fluids on the weekend before last, changed the sparkplugs. Replaced a blend motor so my wife won't freeze any more. Fixed CD changer. Dropped the sump and re-sealed around it. The person who last attempted it did a shocking job. It looks like they just loosened off the nuts and bolts and injected the sealant around the edges. Took me ages to clean all the crap out, the old sealant had even blocked some of the oil pickup screen. Changed oil and filter (in a stroke of brilliance I poured oil from the filter all down my arm.. Good times). Down to one oil leak now, most likely the rear main seal.

Hope it will be a good trip and all goes well. Not being done under the best circumstances as we are travelling north for a funeral but we are going to celerbrate a life not to mourn a death.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Hope your trip is fault free. One thing about oil is that very little grows in it that I've seen..good for cuts :) Sympathy for the circumstances. Hope the trip is cathartic in the end. We really do need to celebrate life at all times, so thanks for the reminder.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
diff said:
One thing about oil is that very little grows in it that I've seen..good for cuts :)
Getting dirty grease in cuts makes funny looking tattoos though. Luckily mine is on the bottom of my forearm, so I only see it when I brush my teeth.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
diff said:
Hope your trip is fault free. One thing about oil is that very little grows in it that I've seen..good for cuts :)
I once got fully synthetic oil in my eye, no pain at all just made it all blurry to see out of and no matter how much blinking I did it never got any better, hilarious stuff but I had to wash it out eventually :lol:

It was a good memorial service, plenty of laughter from the stories told about my Wife's grandmother..

Trip was fault free, god I love this car.... Averaged around 14lt per 100km and I'm happy with that there were alot of hills to go up and down not to mention the amount of trucks that had to be passed on the way. Suspension was flawless used no oil or water, even the CD player worked. :thumb:

·
Registered
217 Posts
(This is Big-T's wife, Little C,) Glad your trip went well, it's good to celebrate a life lived. My husband, Big-T's 50th Birthday is this Saturday and we are hoping to go to Vancouver, BritishColumbia for the weekend to celebrate. We now live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, so it's only about 600 miles - 10ish hours drive through the RockyMountains to get there. We have both done this trip countless times so it's no problem for us to do this drive, but our '01 4.6 HSE Range Rover developed a quirk (gremlin) :twisted: a few weeks ago. When we're on the highway doing between 52 and 75 mph the truck howls, (no,not like a dog.) It's a long unchanging "Whooooooo" We've only had the truck since January of this year, and it sat in the garage for about 2 months or so with an EAS Fault code, (after hitting a bump on the highway, and not a very big bump either). After much searching on the internet Eureka!! Big-T finally found Storey Wilson's EAS BUDDY BOX!! :dance: So we ordered one up and it arrived in the mail soon after, and we plugged it into the truck and it did it's thing , and we unplugged it, and yaaay, the EAS worked! Truck went up, truck went down. We just sat in the truck looking at each other dumbstruck. Hit the up button again, truck go up. Hit the down button again, truck go down. We couldn't believe it :snooty: There wasn't even anything wrong with Her Majesty. I just think it's very cool :thumb: that you have one as well all the way down in Australia 8) We understand about your check list before you go anywhere. The EAS Buddy Box stays in the Range Rover at all times, just in case. Take care, Little C.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts