Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched here and Google and haven't found jack!

Does no one make long tube headers for the 5.0 in a RRS?

It looks like Supersprint makes some for the 05-09 supercharged motors, but not the 10-13.

And before anyone says it, yes I know they would be expensive and yes I know they would be a PITA to install. . . . . i.e. probably engine removal. Also, not looking to debate the merits of headers, pro's, con's, etc. Just looking for a vendor.

Also, only interested in true, equal length long tubes, not shorties or Tri-Y's.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You may play hell location ANY headers featuring equal length primaries. The reason for this is simple. Typically, for the street, equal length primaries offer little in the way of horsepower, especially under 4000rpm. Since few street engines see those rpm's for very long, they are of little benefit. Headers, even shorty, or tri-y's are of benefit on the street, as they enhance evacuating combustion chambers at normal street rpm's. Enhanced combustion chamber evacuation is why headers are in demand. Even shorty headers offer a benefit, but equal length tubes are guilding the lily, especially on the street. Ray

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Your not going to find a vendor with them on shelf for a Range Rover as there is no demand for them. Your not asking for debate about pros and cons, undebatable fact is that no vendor has them as there is no benefit aside from making it obnoxiously loud and the cost for the header and install has no benefit for anyone to make them.

Your best option is a set for for a jaguar and then have a shop cut and fit them for a Rover which would in end be cheaper than a custom one off set crafted from flanges to collectors.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could not disagree more with this (but this is why I state above that I don't want to argue the merits because I figured someone would chime in with a response like this), I have much personal experience with long tubes and they are magic when added to a street car. They provide torque and hp increases across the board, not just at high RPM. There are thousands of dyno graphs to prove this.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is plenty of benefit, and those benefits are proven. But I can certainly understand there is no demand in the Range Rover world.

Thanks for all the replies.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You may play hell location ANY headers featuring equal length primaries. The reason for this is simple. Typically, for the street, equal length primaries offer little in the way of horsepower, especially under 4000rpm. Since few street engines see those rpm's for very long, they are of little benefit. Headers, even shorty, or tri-y's are of benefit on the street, as they enhance evacuating combustion chambers at normal street rpm's. Enhanced combustion chamber evacuation is why headers are in demand. Even shorty headers offer a benefit, but equal length tubes are guilding the lily, especially on the street. Ray
Could not disagree more with this (but this is why I state above that I don't want to argue the merits because I figured someone would chime in with a response like this), I have much personal experience with long tubes and they are magic when added to a street car. They provide torque and hp increases across the board, not just at high RPM. There are thousands of dyno graphs to prove this.

I would never install shorties or tri-y's as dyno graphs prove they provide very little benefit.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your not going to find a vendor with them on shelf for a Range Rover as there is no demand for them. Your not asking for debate about pros and cons, undebatable fact is that no vendor has them as there is no benefit aside from making it obnoxiously loud and the cost for the header and install has no benefit for anyone to make them.

Your best option is a set for for a jaguar and then have a shop cut and fit them for a Rover which would in end be cheaper than a custom one off set crafted from flanges to collectors.
There is plenty of benefit, and those benefits are proven. But I can certainly understand there is no demand in the Range Rover world.

Thanks for all the replies, but as I state above, I'm not looking for opinions on their merits/performance/cost/sound/whatever.

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
Knalex01, you really need to accept the reality that what your desire can only be obtained by having it custom made. If you can not come to grips with that fact I will have no choice but to close this thread.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Knalex01, you really need to accept the reality that what your desire can only be obtained by having it custom made. If you can not come to grips with that fact I will have no choice but to close this thread.
LOL I can accept the reality just fine, that's the reason for the freaking thread, to see what the reality was.

Go ahead and close it - it's obvious folks can't read and respond to an OP's actual request. If you don't know of a vendor, then there is no need for someone to even respond to the thread.

BTW just noticed the duplicate posts above, that was an accident.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.