RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
A bit of kinked hosepipe like that is going to cause problems as Theo says. You've found the problem now you need to at least make the bodge for it decent.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
76 Posts
Anybody know what size hose I should use for this?

Hey Benantiben! If you want to come up to Seattle in a few months I'll be replacing the heatercore and doing the blend flaps. I've done it once before on my previous P38.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
76 Posts
Anybody know what size hose I should use for this?

Hey Benantiben! If you want to come up to Seattle in a few months I'll be replacing the heatercore and doing the blend flaps. I've done it once before on my previous P38.
Looks like it's 19mm or 3/4in ID

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
3/4" is what you need and you don't need to spend that amount of money on a kit that gives you options of either 3/4" and 5/8", just a longer length of 3/4" hose so it can take a nice smooth curve and a couple of clips (or just use the ones you already have). Buy a couple of feet of 3/4" hose and see how tight a bend you can get on it before it starts to kink.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hey gang, I got a replacement hose for this after your feedback. Image attached.

I was wondering if this is a simple swap or if there are other steps I'll need to take if I try to change it myself. Removing and replacing clamps like these are about the extent of my mechanical ability 😬 Really don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks for any advice!

B0DE02B4-4F9A-49CF-A17B-0966D4996AEE.jpeg

·
Registered
930 Posts
The first thing you want to check is whether the hose is a good fit with the metal piping in the P38. Second, due to the metal piping being in very close proximity to each other, you want to make sure that the hose doesn't develop a kink after install. I would've preferred the long hose route, as it is less likely to develop a kink and that the turn coolant makes is less abrupt. Third, you want to snugly and fully insert the hose ends to the metal piping. As for jubilee clips, I'm sure you've used one of these before. You want them tight enough that coolant doesn't leak out, yet not too tight that you don't damage the hose.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Shouldn't need to, any air in the heater circuit will bleed back to the header tank anyway. You may need to just top the coolant up.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts