Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Range Rover HSE/L322
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I stopped at a gas station to grab a drink. My radio/infotainment display was working fine.

I got a drink, got back in and started it up... no power to the display. No screen, no orange light on the power button, nothing. My engine also decided to start sounding like a turbo diesel when I accelerated (that cleared up after reaching 3rd gear).

I already checked the 54 fuse, as well as the 53, both are good. I unplugged both terminals from the battery for 20 minutes, nothing. Hooked it up to the battery charger, shows 100% charged.

What can I do to troubleshoot/fix this issue?

·
Registered
Range rover autobiography 2011 V8 5.0 petrol
6 Posts
Hi, please try to bypass the Bluetooth module. The Fiber optic cable need to bypass. There are few You tube videos relating to that, please check. Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi, please try to bypass the Bluetooth module. The Fiber optic cable need to bypass. There are few You tube videos relating to that, please check. Thanks.
I have. Connecting the two wires' ends together in the black plastic connector? I tried that. Still no power.

What are the fuses I should check?

·
Registered
Range rover autobiography 2011 V8 5.0 petrol
6 Posts
Hi, i am not sure, but i found below info regarding fuse numbers, may be it will have some help to you.

The CD changer is fuse 40P (P = passenger glove box panel), the radio receiver is fuse 22P, the Head unit is fuse 49P, Radio Receiver is fuse 16R (R=Rear fuse panel), the Amplifier is Fuse 9R. These are out of the trucks wiring diagrams for an 06. Always check the labels on your fuse covers as they changed over the years. Theres actually an infotainment relay in the rear fuse panel that turns power on to the whole system (thats how your radio comes on as you open the door, and can stay on for 20 minutes after you shut off the truck). Fuses 9R, 10R and 11R in the rear panel supply power to various parts of the infotainment system. The Nav system is fed off of Ruse 11R, which is downstream from the infotainment relay. The infotainment relay is fed from fuse 5P in the glovebox. Since you lost a bunch of devices all at once that would be my starting point, check fuse 5P and then make sure that the infotainment relay is picking up when the doors are opened, or the key is turned on. That relay is turned on and off by the head unit in the dash.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi, i am not sure, but i found below info regarding fuse numbers, may be it will have some help to you.

The CD changer is fuse 40P (P = passenger glove box panel), the radio receiver is fuse 22P, the Head unit is fuse 49P, Radio Receiver is fuse 16R (R=Rear fuse panel), the Amplifier is Fuse 9R. These are out of the trucks wiring diagrams for an 06. Always check the labels on your fuse covers as they changed over the years. Theres actually an infotainment relay in the rear fuse panel that turns power on to the whole system (thats how your radio comes on as you open the door, and can stay on for 20 minutes after you shut off the truck). Fuses 9R, 10R and 11R in the rear panel supply power to various parts of the infotainment system. The Nav system is fed off of Ruse 11R, which is downstream from the infotainment relay. The infotainment relay is fed from fuse 5P in the glovebox. Since you lost a bunch of devices all at once that would be my starting point, check fuse 5P and then make sure that the infotainment relay is picking up when the doors are opened, or the key is turned on. That relay is turned on and off by the head unit in the dash.
How would I test the relay? Also, what amperage is it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts