RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

Few question regarding my P38 (4.6 GEMS 1997)

Q1 - I want to fix the headliner soon, I found a place where to get it, but the covers on the pilars on the inside look like crap too, it's that fake fluffy stuff.
Does anyone knows where to get that fake fluffy stuff? Or knows how it's called?

Q2 - The EAS works alright, it's more curiousity; when I park my P38 for a few days, also on a level surface, it drops to access level, is this normal? When I fire her up she gets up to driving level immediatly, so it looks like there are no leaks. It has new airbags, recon compressor and recon valve block.

Q3 - When I turn the car off the information display states ignition key in, this also means she beeps, this means the beep for when you don't turn of your light will be amost unnoticed.
If I unplug the connector near the ignition barrel, will this message stop? but more important, if it stops, will this be without any concequenses (I hope I spelled that right)

·
Super Moderator
2,328 Posts
1. Easiest fix is to simply clean off the fluffy stuff. It comes off easily with soap, warm water and a plastic scraper leaving a smooth finish.

2. It will settle eventually if left but if everything is perfect it can take weeks to drop as far as access level. You have a very slight leak somewhere but the fact that it comes straight back up means that the reservoir isn't losing pressure so while it isn't right, it's only a minor problem. If the leak is just on one corner, then removing the timer relay when you leave it will show which corner as it won't self level and drop all corners, only the one with the leak will drop.

3. It will beep and say Ignition key in if you switch off then open the door while the key is still in the ignition, taking the key out before you open the door and it shouldn't do it. If it does it even when the key isn't in the ignition, the microswitch in the bottom of the keyhole is gummed up. A squirt of brake cleaner and working the key in and out a few times should clean it up and free it off.

·
Registered
566 Posts
#3 also depends if you have Headlight Delay enabled. If so it beeps for the "Key In Ignition" message, and then when removing the key says "Headlight Delay" to remind you the light switch is still on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts