RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for a recap: I bought a 1991 classic with a blown head gasket because I always wanted to fix one of those for bragging rights. Well, she's back together, with only a couple extra bolts, but she won't start. I've checked fuel flow through the injector loop by removing the outlet coupling (fuel is flowing) and checked that spark is happening by wiring an old plug and grounding it while turning the engine (it does spark). So now... could I be so far off on timing that she won't even back fire? or is it probable that there's a connector somewhere in the injector electrics that while fuel is flowing, there's no supply to the injectors? The starter turns, but there's no back fire or any response like it's even trying to fire off.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,088 Posts
have you checked the timing? Set No 1 for TDC with valves closed and it should fire up so you can set the timing properly (6 degrees BTDC). Have you tried some aerostart or similar - if it is a fuel problem it should at least kick on this. You should be able to do this by pulling the plugs and turning the nut on the main pulley with a spanner. If it is a fuel problem you would need to check some bits on the ECU e.g. the stepper motor should be wide open for the starting sequence, is there a signal from the MAF?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I had the timing right, but then I found a diagram and the tdc marking on the engine and realized it was all jacked up... But! Now she runs great! Only one more problem and she's ready to be awesome!

Thanks John!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts