RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, first post from a newbie here :) Have just bought a 2007 L322 as spares/repairs as one the head gaskets (suspect near side) has gone and shes overheating She's a 4.2L V8 My first question is... can the head gasket be done without taking the engine out?! Seems like an impossible task doing it in situ from the position of all the bolts and things :unsure:

Second question - what does the engine code stamped on the front (near crank pulley) mean? From what I've read online, I think its supposed to be supercharged? the code is 4H23-6019 AA, however there's a definite absence of superchargers on it. Its 306bhp, from what I can make out, they're normally a bit less than this?

I appreciate these are probably stupid questions to the enlightened. My last RR was a 3.9 efi 1991 Classic! I've also had a 3.5 Defender since then with the santana engine and box in it. This is my first "posh" rangie!

Thanks all in advance for your help. I'm based in South Wales, UK.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
21 Posts
The 4.4 is the Jag derived engine. The 4.2 is Supercharged. You can do the head gasket in the truck.

Edit : 4.4 in 2007 is the Jag engine

1 - 2 of 2 Posts