Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a way of transmitting a high quality video signal to my RRS' head unit's display. I already have an option of using composite video signal and the quality of the signal is very poor. So i am looking for a way of higher quality.

Even VGA or RGB signal would suffice, since the stock display is only 800x480 AFAIK.

There is a Chinese device that supposedly provides this function, but after playing with it and finally getting the picture on the display it wasn't of any higher quality than what i am able to get with a composite input.

Would appreciate any advice.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Your DPI at the head unit is nothing that would make HDMI worth the cost. The factory graphics on the head unit are low res yet paired to the small screen specs to look good. That would be like hooking up a blu-ray player to a 90's flat panel computer monitor. The screen is your quality limitation, not the signal going into it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it is low res - 800x480 as far as I know.

Still, it is better than what I am getting now. I have a CarPC installed in the car and use it as an advanced sound processor. It has a competition grade sound system, and CarPC is how we went with processing of the sound.

I use the screen to handle media player installed in a CarPC, switch sound presents, etc. So, 800x480 would still be fine. Not 1080p or 720p, but still better than composite.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts