RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Pkease help.......I was driving on the highway just now, and my car just chimed. When I looked down on the dash to see what happened, it said suspension lowered and HDC system failure. Plus three lyellow icons lit up. The brake and two more on the left.

Does this mean I need a new battery? Any ideas????

Thanks so much

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Probably not the battery if you were already driving when all these doom and gloom messages popped up. Did the faults clear after a restart? If they reoccur, HDC and brake faults usually have something to do with the ABS circuitry, perhaps an ABS sensor is bad and the faults cascade affecting a bunch of other modules as a result. Only way to know for sure is to pull the diagnostics trouble code which should be recorded (dealer visit.) Keep us posted.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Turn off the engine, remove the key from the ignition, wait 3 minutes, restart the car. :idea: Basically, you want to allow enough time for the electronic modules to go to sleep so that any error messages on the dash will clear before the next "boot-up" and self check cycle. If it's happened twice already, it's probably not a fluke and you should take her in as soon as possible. A weak battery normally throws those faults right away as the car starts (and the faults often clear on their own after the engine has been running for a few seconds), doesn't sound like your situation.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just dropped it off at the dealer.....will let you know what happens and maybe you can give me some suggestions

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Turns out something with the steering angle something.....basically needed software update. replaced battery also

1 - 7 of 7 Posts