RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I have a L322, 2004 model year, 4.4 V8, VIN SALLMAMA35A184785. Recently, the HDC inactive, Air suspension inactive, Yellow triangle with exclamation mark messages are consistently showing on the dash. I cannot get them to clear with various diagnostics tools.

Upon first time unlocking the door after a 6 to 8 hours span, the rear 2 doors wouldn't unlock and I will need to start the car for a couple of minutes before switching off the ignition and then will be able to lock and unlock them successfully.

The steering wheel feels heavy at times on first start during a cold engine. It goes away with a hot engine.

I have checked the battery condition and it is excellent. Was last changed less than a month back.

Looked through various posts with the same problem and wasn't successful to make them all to work right.

Thank you in advance for any help rendered.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Have you tried clearing the wheel angle sensor?

Start the truck and quickly turn the steering wheel all the way lock to lock. It should clear that, it happens each time you disconnect the battery/battery dies.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is usually the steering angle sensor - will require replacement. Some searches will get you the procedure. I am here to figure out how to take the dash off to get to it rather than hire a Cirq-de-soleil gymnast to get under the dash.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the help. I will try fiddle with the steering end to end and maybe rear at the steering angle sensor. If anyone else has other input, please feel free to chip in.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Does your speedometer work? If the right rear wheel speed sensor fails you will get the same symptoms, but your speedometer won't be functional on top of those.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
You jinxed me, mine did exactly the same thing last night on the way home, plus no speedometer, temp wasn't that cold out, and it wasn't raining or snowing. Got home turned it off and then restarted it and it was back to normal, maybe I have a loose connection. Have to put the computer on it today to see if it recorded some kind of DTC.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
mine did it again, this time I also got a CEL (don't know what for yet) and lost the Bluetooth connection to my phone which had to be re-paired to start working again. Raining like mad, right at the freezing mark outside. Once again a momentary shutdown, and restart cleared all the issues except the phone pairing. The CEL stayed on but then went away after three more restarts, like you would expect of an intermittent, non re occuring issue. I must have a wire loose somewhere, just need to find out what the common module is for all of these issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts