RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

I use the interstate about twice a week to make a 45 minute trip. It has gotten to where every time I am at 70+ mph, after about 15 minutes or so, I get a message across the screen that says "HDC Fault," followed by "System Not Available," and also followed by "Suspension Lowering." From there, an amber light in the center comes on, as well as an amber light that says "BRAKE." Could anyone please steer me in the right direction here?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Hi There,

I use the interstate about twice a week to make a 45 minute trip. It has gotten to where every time I am at 70+ mph, after about 15 minutes or so, I get a message across the screen that says "HDC Fault," followed by "System Not Available," and also followed by "Suspension Lowering." From there, an amber light in the center comes on, as well as an amber light that says "BRAKE." Could anyone please steer me in the right direction here?

Thank you.
Had the same issue on a BMW l322, my remedy was an alignment at the dealer. When it gets too far out of alignment, or if a neighborhood wrench is doing the alignments and not calibrating the steering angle sensor... After about 15 min it'll shut the whole system down.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Could also be a bad wheel speed sensor, you may or may not loose the speedometer if its a rear wheel speed sensor.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have had all of the above, but additionally a slow leak in the rear left tyre caused the system to flag a fault. In this case, my system dropped to the bump stops.

Alternatively - Is your steering wheel centered when driving in a straight line? The system uses wheel speeds to check the accuracy of the steering wheel angle sensor. A wheel alignment to correct the steering wheel angle fixed my issue. In this case the system didn’t drop to the jump stops, although it says that it is lowering.

Don’t remove and refit the steering wheel to correct a misalignment, unless this has been done in the past, in which case you might need to check the angle sensor output.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts