RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long drive yesterday I had the HDC error pop up as well as vehicle leans when cornering and suspension lowering (although it doesn't appear to actually lower). These error persist after multiple restarts. After reading some similar threads I checked the 4x4 screen and noticed the wheels are pointing all the way to the right when they are actually center.

At this point I am thinking Steering Angle Sensor, but wondering if there is anything else I should look into first.

uJfOe8J.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some additional information:

2009 RRS Supercharged
Battery seems good 11/14 date AGM
-12.7v static
-12.4v after accessories running
-Drop to 11.5v while starting
Alternator Reading
-13.6v idle
-13.6v 2K RPM
-Seems low to me?

Light on the spedo is adaptive headlights. Again points to steering sensor. Anything I can test here or good writeup on removal?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
860 Posts
Probably a scan using a RR specific scanner like the IDT tool or Icarsoft before you start guessing and changing expensive parts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Several codes for invalid data on different modules (vehicle dynamics, ride level control), but U0126 (Lost communication with steering angle sensor module) persists.

Checked the module and the plug is seated. Looks like I can get the part, but it needs to be programmed in by the dealer?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Followup for those that may come across this.

Dealer confirmed steering angle sensor and replaced. All is well now.
$340 part
$160 install

1 - 5 of 5 Posts