RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I kept getting the HDC, ABS and Yellow Brake light coming on once in a while. Now the lights are steady on and when you exit the vehicle it raises up about 2 or 3 inches. The lights seemed to come on mainly when I would make a right turn with the vehicle. I read some past posts and it seems like it is usually the battery or the steering angle sensor. My question is this.... while the car is running I have about 14.1 to 14.3 volts, when various things switch on such as the AC pump or maybe when the power steering pump is under a load, should the voltage drop to around 13.4? Also does anyone have instructions for replacing the steering sensor? I have already tried turning the steering wheel all the way to the right then to the left. It doesn't work for this situation.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking that, that's why I was asking about the voltage drop when other systems turn on or are being used. I'm just not sure what is normal.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I have the same issue accompanied by air suspension inactive, which I'm sure yours is doing too if you're losing ride height and it's popping up a few inches on power down... It prob isn't the battery, more likely a seized up or cut speed sensor/wire

·
Registered
489 Posts
Have you recently changed any bulbs to LED? I had a tail light that i put an led bulb in which caused all that to happen. Also if you tap any power just after the battery it can draw power before it does the self test which will also cause those messages to come up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts