RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought (2 hours ago) an '08 Range Rover Sport. It has the DVD screens in the headrest with the 6-DVD player in the back. I having trouble figuring out how to work it. I'm not sure if it's broken or if I am just confused.

I put one DVD in the DVD player in the back and then attempted to use the Nav screen to play it. I can't figure out how to turn on the headrest's screens even when on the DVD setting on the Nav screen.

Please help. My kids and I have a 9 hour plus drive home and we need to figure this out.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
If you didn't receive the RSE manual with your car, you can download a copy from here: http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com

From the front touchscreen's home menu touch Rear Seat Entertainment. You will get to the control screen for the RSE (aka "Supervisor screen".) Touch the Left and/or Right buttons on top of the screen to turn on the monitors behind each headrest. Make sure the DVD/video input is selected for both screens in the source menus under each button, if not touch the Video input until DVD is highlighted (this needs to be done for each screen independently.) If a DVD is playing already, its image should be displayed on the rear screen(s) you have turned on. If no DVD is currently playing but you have already loaded one in the changer, navigate back to the Home Menu and then to the DVD menu, select that DVD and play it.

There are a few other nifty things you can do from the supervisor screen (overriding the remote control which I assume was provided to you, just in case your kids get unruly back there...), the manual details it all fairly well, although it's not a super intuitive system to use and some trial and error may be required to figure it all out. Welcome!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I get to the Rear Seat Entertainment screen I try to touch the "DVD option" in the drop down list for each screen but it doesn't seem to be "clickable." Do I have to hold it down until it selects or what?

Also, when I hit the "Left Screen" or "Right Screen" button nothing happens. It beeps, but it doesn't stay selected and the screens don't turn on.
Unfortunately, we did not get a remote control. Kind of a ripoff, but I can control upfront just fine..once I figure it out!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
You need to touch the "Video" button under that column to scroll through DVD, AV1 and AV2, until DVD is highlighted (assuming the monitor is already on. If it's off, all those buttons will be grayed out and not clickable.) The remaining two video inputs are for the A/V RCA jacks located behind the center console.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
umbertob said:
You need to touch the "Video" button under that column to scroll through DVD, AV1 and AV2, until DVD is highlighted (assuming the monitor is already on. If it's off, all those buttons will be grayed out and not clickable.) The remaining two video inputs are for the A/V RCA jacks located behind the center console.
I think the problem is that I don't how to turn the monitors on so it's all grayed out. How do I turn them on?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Well, hitting the Left and Right buttons should un-gray the buttons below and they will turn black (do this while parked, of course.) Does it do that? If so, there is a monitor on/off button under the Audio and Video buttons. If the monitor is on, that button should have a red border around it. If it doesn't, touch it and the corresponding monitor should fire up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All of the buttons that you said to hit are grayed out including the "Audio, ""Video," and the button below that to switch the screens on and off. Is this a glitch or is it something else I'm not doing right?

I have also tried hitting the "Left" and "Right" buttons. They aren't grayed out, but nothing happens when I click them.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
In that case, I may be wrong but I think you have a problem, indeed. Either a connector or harness between touchscreen and RSE module is damaged or loose or - I sure hope not - your RSE module is defective and unable to communicate with the rear screens. The fact they didn't provide you with a remote control certainly seems suspicious now... Are you able to play and view DVDs on the front monitor while you are stationary?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
umbertob said:
In that case, I may be wrong but I think you have a problem, indeed. Either a connector or harness between touchscreen and RSE module is damaged or loose or - I sure hope not - your RSE module is defective and unable to communicate with the rear screens. The fact they didn't provide you with a remote control certainly seems suspicious now... Are you able to play and view DVDs on the front monitor while you are stationary?
We are able to watch in on the front screen while parked. Unfortunately, the backseat screens just don't seem to work.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
If you bought the car used from a dealer they should take care of it (also, the remote is expensive and hard to find. They should have provided you with one. Perhaps they stuck it in a pocket or glove box somewhere inside the car?) The RSE module is located behind the rear RH panel in the trunk (same general area where the DVD changer is, closer to the rear seats though), hopefully it's only a loose connection somewhere. Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Megan said:
rrtoadhall said:
10 points for DTHG! :clap:
+1 `)
`)

So that's 11 points for DTHG, 0 for gooseyloosey. :doh:

Anyhow, DTHG, I hope you are able to reign in this problem. Enjoy your new RRS and have a safe trip!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Go me! Anyway, I brought the RRS to my local LR dealership today and the DVD system worked perfectly fine for them. I guess it's just tempermental...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts