RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Is that what the exhaust really sounds like with the resonator removed or was there a tractor cleaning up the parking lot at the same time?

barefoot-books-driving-my-tractor-paperback-with-enhanced-cd-425px-425px.jpg

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
In all the clips on this site I've never heard a resonator delete sound like that (granted those were on the '06-09) unless you did something else to the exhaust. And if it were my vehicle, I would put the resonator back on.

It makes the RRS sound very... agricultural.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,461 Posts
Smooth! If you can find a bigger parking lot you can do some real Gymkhana activity...watch out for the lone light pole in the middle of the parking lot! Fun stuff!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
That is great !! Sounds like you Guys were having a good laugh !! :thumb:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
FUN FACT: London England is 70% rural, the entire state of New Jersey is urban.

It's a kinda sad moment when rovers are doing donuts in grocery store parking lots and not in the woods getting muddy.

Oh and the exhaust needs a different tone. It lost that European resonated snarl and sounds like the kid who cut the muffler off his moms accord

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In all the clips on this site I've never heard a resonator delete sound like that (granted those were on the '06-09) unless you did something else to the exhaust. And if it were my vehicle, I would put the resonator back on.

when someone is posting the sound of their exhaust, they hit the pedal hard, im just tapping my gas, didnt want to slide into anything and mess up my rims, not hitting hard it at all, trust me mines sound just like anyone else with out the resonator if I hit it, Ill make a clip for you and post it one day

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Ok I'll take your word for it, and you don't need to post a clip for me as my exhaust fiddling days are over.

I figured with the interest in the other thread on resonator deleting where the vid was also posted, that was not the sound most people are going to want and I was just curious if you did anything else to the exhaust to produce that sound.

Yes, and stay away from light poles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts