RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I purchased a 2011 Range Rover HSE a few day go with 35,000 miles on it. I love the car! I do have an issue with the park assist. It never activates, even if I manually press the button. The button will flash intermittently and there is never any audible feedback. It does not come on when the car is placed in reverse either. Has anyone else had issues with this? Any ideas for solutions? Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Re: New Range Rover owner, have a small problem with park as

If your car is under warranty, get it into the dealership.
If not, welcome to the club... gotta decide if you want to live with it or pay the dealership to chase down the gremlin.

Actually... either way, welcome to the club!

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
58 Posts

I'll let those more familiar with these rigs than me suggest possible causes of your issue, but I will recommend consideration of an Independent Service shop near to you..., in Spring, TX.....

I learned of Land Rovers Unlimited/British Unlimited by using the Independent Service Shops listings linked to on the RangeRovers.net home page. I was searching nationally for the right L322 and had interest in what appeared to be a beauty near Houston. Luis performed a pre-purchase inspection at very reasonable cost and saved me making a huge mistake. I then used his observations to weed out some other choices, and finally found and bought my RRSC in Dallas. http://www.rangerovers.net/service/texas.html

I paid for the car, flew to Dallas from Portland, OR, then the next morning drove south to have Luis, Stephen and company go through the rig from top to bottom...., a complete tuneup, change of ALL fluids and filters from nose to tail, brakes/rotors, install and set up factory towing electronics, a couple rear lift gate struts, new second flip key..., etc., all at reasonable rates. A day and a half later I began the 2500 mile drive back to the northwest in a lovely Rover. Great, friendly service....

Just a thought...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestion! I will give them a call tomorrow and see what they can do. Apart from this issue there is nothing wrong with the RR and I bought the car for my wife and she really liked the park assist she had previously on her Lexus, so I guess I HAVE to get it fixed. Thanks again!!

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts

The LED flashing is how it indicates there is a fault, check for any bumper damage, but with you just purchasing it, that might have been previously repaired. The rear PDC harness is very prone to failure if the bumper is hit even just a little. Not trying to concern you with accident damage, it really doesn't take much at all to damage the harness, it takes more to damage the paint on the bumper.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I will check on that. Would the rear PDC harness not working cause the front sensors to not work as well? the strange thing is that I get absolutely no feedback that the system is on or off. I understand there is supposed to be a message if there is sensor malfunction?

·
Registered
2 Posts
best way to diagnose issue is to scan vehicle for any fault codes the park assist might have. Typically a sensor is the problem, or wiring if the bumper has been removed.
thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I purchased a 2011 Range Rover HSE a few day go with 35,000 miles on it. I love the car! I do have an issue with the park assist. It never activates, even if I manually press the button. The button will flash intermittently and there is never any audible feedback. It does not come on when the car is placed in reverse either. Has anyone else had issues with this? Any ideas for solutions? Thanks in advance for the help!

good morning, a good way to start diagnosing issue is to scan the park assist system and see if there are any fault codes stored. Second a common problem is a sensor or the wiring if a bumper has been removed and reinstalled.
thanks!

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'll echo the other's comments that scanning's the about the only way to diagnose a problem.

Mine had been working intermittently. I pulled the rear bumper, checked all the wires and they appeared fine.

Had the rig in to the independent mechanic because of wonky air suspension. (As a side note, the compressor had been replaced last may. It failed -- again -- but the shop honored its one-year warranty!). They scanned the sensor system, and found the two left-rear sensors had failed.

As they needed to be painted, I opted to take the repair over from them, and have two on order.

Unless you get the system scanned with a proper scanner, or can find a very obvious wire break using visual inspection or checking with a VOM for continuity, it's about impossible to otherwise find the fault.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found the issue and made a new thread about it, the WHOLE parking aid module was FULL of water. What have i gotten myself into?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Range Rover ownership.

Always remember that the Brits never built a home-grown computer business, as they couldn't figure out how to make them leak oil or let water leak in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts