RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

Recently, I've been having some engine issues with my 2000 4.6 P38. About a year ago, we "revived" it from sitting stationary in one spot for about 4 years, and had to address a few issues soon after that. (new expansion tank, radiator{nipple broke}, radiator to tank hose, throttle body heat plate and the hose to that) It drove pretty well following the new parts, but the thought of engine issues always lurked in the back of my mind. Unfortunately, those thoughts soon became reality.

So about two weeks ago, the SES light came on and I noticed these things: rough driving/idle, horrid MPG (around 8 when I usually get 14-15), and a small loss of power when accelerating. Having the OBD scanner trace the misfire to cylinder 4, I replaced the plugs and plug wires on all of the cylinders. After that, I ran the engine idle for about 10 mins to get the bubbles out of the air system and to check for any coolant leaks. No SES light. The next day, I cleared the code and took it around the block for a test. About 15 seconds after accelerating forward, the SES light started flashing again. I take it back home, and run the OBD again. This time there are three codes: P0304, P0300(pending), and P0304(pending)

I'm completely lost at his point, as I have read it could be something as simple as a ht lead bridging, to a camshaft issue that will require an engine breakdown.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:

Pulled the plug for #4 out, and tested it on the wire for a spark after disabling the fuel system. Didn't get a spark, so I ordered a used and tested coil pack.

Hopefully, it's this and not a gasket/valve issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts