Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Air dryer... I've seen the procedure in rav, at least I think I did... I can't seem to find it, it's just under the compressor and that's all there is to it? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Why the heck can't anyone answer this question? This is a regular maintenance type thing right? You got people going into detail about the most intricate land rover repairs on here, yet nobody knows how to replace the air drier?

Come on ppl, help me out here. I don't really know what to expect, do I need special tools, fittings? I don't want to get into the repair and make some mundane mistake that leads to an eas fault. I can't for the life of me find this in RAV, only the operation, not the procedure.

Thanks everyone! `)

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,259 Posts
After only seeing pictures of the dryer, and reading where it's location is, I would say no special tools needed. I wouldn't have an issue just diving into it myself, as it looks as easy as it is on my P38.
Drain tank by whatever means floats your boat.
Turn off ignition and put key in pocket.
Disconnect airlines (2 of them)
Disconnect it from the holding bracket.
Reverse for install.
If you have to remove the compressor, or move it out of the way, I dont know. But the swap looks easy as it gets to me....
Martin

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
leftlanetruckin said:
After only seeing pictures of the dryer, and reading where it's location is, I would say no special tools needed. I wouldn't have an issue just diving into it myself, as it looks as easy as it is on my P38.
Drain tank by whatever means floats your boat.
Turn off ignition and put key in pocket.
Disconnect airlines (2 of them)
Disconnect it from the holding bracket.
Reverse for install.
If you have to remove the compressor, or move it out of the way, I dont know. But the swap looks easy as it gets to me....
Martin
I guess I'm kinda looking for the person who's done it to give me a complete walk through. How do you drain the suspension proper? I've worked on the suspension before, but that was only because it had failed and drained itself.

Normally I'd just jump into something like this since it's all outlined into rav and I know what I'm getting myself into before hand, but the fact I can't find the procedure has me apprehensive.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,259 Posts
Sounds like carl has given you the answer, but a quick and dirty way of draining the tank is to raise/lower/raise/lower/raise etc the suspension. That will drain the tank quick enough :wink:
I don't have Rave myself, as I have both a shop manual and Alldata for our P38, so I can't see how Rave says to do it (everytime I tried to download it, never would open up...)

Martin

·
Registered
144 Posts
There's no drain on the tank on the L322 I've often thought about fitting one but it's not really neccasery as the air is taken from within the cabin. You can always take the air tank out and up end it to drain. As I say though. Not neccasery. The air drier is quite a large canister on top of the compressor unit. I took mine appart when my compressor died. Nothing to be serviced here either really. Mine was completeley dry inside the canister when I took it appart.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts