Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
The glass hatch release switch on our Range Rover is not working. Reading online, I see that the hatch needs to be opened in order to replace the switch. The keyfobs are set up to do other stuff. Any ideas on how to change the switch?

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
I know you can hold both the lock and unlock buttons in the truck and it will release the hatch. Not sure if this is what you needed.

'06 RRS LUX

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, yeah that opens up the entire rear door. I'm looking for how to open the glass portion of the trunklid.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
821 Posts
Hi, yeah that opens up the entire rear door. I'm looking for how to open the glass portion of the trunklid.
I had this problem: the internal mechanism is pot metal, and badly corroded; then broke.

There are several screws that hold the outer body color part to the hatch (underneath); they have to be removed in order to access that switch. You'll find that the rubber cover can be peeled off; underneath you'll see the cheap metal 'lever' that formed the pressure plate, which touches a tiny switch/button.

You can buy an entirely new switch, or you can do what I did: clean out the broken parts and corrosion, put a layer of grease in there to waterproof the switch, and put the rubber cover back on. That tiny button can be activated through the rubber cover; it just takes a bit more pushing in the right spot - but it works for me. I have my upper glass pop feature back.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ^^.

So you were able to remove and clean it it without actually opening the glass half of the hatch?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts