RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should start with I have an 2008 HSE. So I'm looking at a phone mount. So far, the best looks like the pro clip linked here:

http://www.proclipusa.com/dashboard...2/proclip-center-mount-high-854085-13131.cmsv

My question is has anyone installed this? Does it cause the phone to cover the left buttons on the touch screen? I use the 4x4i, trip, and power/volume on the console often. I would like to still be able to use these so I'm worried that with a phone and holder mounted which they do not show in the images on the proclip site. I'd like to find someone else with this before I install it into my car.

I can post the 2 mounts that I am thinking of from proclip if that is needed for reference.

I have searched the forum without finding these details. I just want to mount my phone without having to mount in the center console or using the windshield style mounts which no one ever mentions are technically illegal in the US. And I refuse to use anything that uses adhesive on visible places in case I want to remove the mount in the future. pro-clips are hard to remove, but I'm ok with that since they have mounts for every modern phone that I can see.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
196 Posts
What size phone do you use ? I have the Brodit pro clip fitted and used to have an iPhone 6+ obviously it is on the opposite side for me but the situation is the same in that it visually covered part of the buttons but you can still access them .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this exact mount with the adjustable attachment for an iPhone 7 w/case in my '08 SC. From the driver's seat I can't see the buttons on the left of the nav unit (with the exception of power) but they are by no means blocked physically and I have no issues pressing them. I love this mount and recommend it highly. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts