RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Ive been looking at the subject of exhausts for my 2008 HSE. And ive seen that there are possibilities from

Overfinch (although it looks to me like you need a new rear valance to go along with it. Ive heard it and it also has a nice deep sound)
An italian brand that has the exhaust pipes coming out more in the center (I dont like the look)
BB Exhaust http://www.bbexhaust.com/suv/rangerover/ ( this is the one that I like the most and was thinking of purchasing)
Piet Boon (holland) special edition http://www.roverparts.com/News/Archive/architectrr.cfm -- love the look of this but have not found a part #

Any other ones out there?

I like the BB exhaust but it says that its for 03-05 range rovers and I dont know if the exhaust on the 08 is different

Thoughts are welcome

Alex

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
166 Posts
Re: Has anyone installed a Billy Boat exhaust on their Rangie

Only aftermarket exhaust I have heard and seen on the RR is the BORLA system. It sounds excellent - deep v8 sound, full stainless steel design - I think Atlantic British (rover parts) carries borla as well.

·
Registered
114 Posts

Why not just replace the muffler? You could pick up a muffler pretty cheap. If you can't find what you want, I am sure you could have something custom build for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
86 Posts

woldd90 said:
Why not just replace the muffler? You could pick up a muffler pretty cheap. If you can't find what you want, I am sure you could have something custom build for a reasonable price.
Do you have any idea of what the "reasonable price" would be? Cutting off the huge rear muffler and putting in two smaller ones would probably sound just as nice as bolting on a new borla (but without the bigger price) I have put some thought into doing that but has anyone else done it or does anyone know how much it would cost? Thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts

Couldn't be too much... I put a full NRP Stainless Steel system on my Defender with Cats included for just over 1K.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I went to the borla website and for the 08 range rover they only have an exhaust for the SuperCharged (not HSE) - can I use that since I have an HSE

Thanks

Aelx

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
166 Posts

I would place a call to Borla directly to see if it fits, or what issues exist if it doesnt. If the 03 borla setup fit the 08 im sure it would list a part number on the website. If its not a clean fit, I beleive any decent muffler shop should be able to "modify" it to fit. Let us know how it sounds/works out if you go this route.

L

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I dont know about the attachment points but the 08 HSE has a 55MM diameter exhaust and the 03-05 HSE has a 65MM exhaust according to the parts guy at the local range rover shop.

That same problem also applies to the supercharged system (different diameter)

Not sure yet whether I want to deal with having to "bandaid" something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts