RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specifically ebony perhaps? share where you got it from? and pictures?
Thank you :)

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,014 Posts
Back in 2006 I replaced my 2006 RRS steering wheel and gear shifter with cherry wood ones from William Rau (located in L.A.), the quality was top notch... but so were their prices. Wonder if they are still in business, they may have been killed by cheaper competition.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I contacted both :)

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
338 Posts
I was looking into doing the swap go wooden also. However, for the price of a wooden one, I'm thinking about doing the 2010+ steering wheel conversion to my 08'.

The price of the wood ones seems to be crazy high on price.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
340 Posts
For the last couple of years, Land Rover has offered a wood-grain and leather steering wheel for the LR4. This ought to be an interchangeable part so long as you have the piano black trim lr4 wood wheel a.jpg .

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For the last couple of years, Land Rover has offered a wood-grain and leather steering wheel for the LR4. This ought to be an interchangeable part so long as you have the piano black trim View attachment 189617 .
Thank you for this, I didn't know they did, I will check with my dealer and see how much.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
91 Posts
Check powerful_ uk on their site or eBay. They use original land Rover wheels are add factory wood to match. I have the shift knob to match my anigre wood interior and it's spot on. I will be ordering the steering wheel to match. They do charge a core charge and requires you to ship them yours so it can be reused. I am going to London for Xmas and will order mines and ship to my relatives and either take mines and ship from their or find a used one in eBay and ship that instead. Shipping and duty charges add up.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
61 Posts
I've had it from the factory/dealer installed from the first day, and it's what sold it for us. My wife loved it compared to the regular leather, and we bought one we test drove. After about 5 years though, the wood has long hairline fractures and we had constant problems with the heated steering. Still doesn't heat and we never bothered to fix it after the warranty expired

1 - 11 of 11 Posts