RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Re: Has anyone heard of a Diesel version on the way to the U.S.?

Getting 6 mpg in town I too am awaiting this. The Mercedes GL Class Diesel gets around 25 mpg country and somewhere in the teens in the city. There not bad power wise because they have a lot of torque. The Range Rover Sport would not be as fast but this is a badly need with these cars. They just keep putting more horsepower in them in the US. Actually I would rather have SC 375 hp engine, it makes the RRS pretty fast for a Big SUV. Don't need 500 hp, my midlife crisis is over.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Has anyone heard of a Diesel version on the way to the U.S.?

ChipN said:
Getting 6 mpg in town I too am awaiting this. The Mercedes GL Class Diesel gets around 25 mpg country and somewhere in the teens in the city. There not bad power wise because they have a lot of torque. The Range Rover Sport would not be as fast but this is a badly need with these cars. They just keep putting more horsepower in them in the US. Actually I would rather have SC 375 hp engine, it makes the RRS pretty fast for a Big SUV. Don't need 500 hp, my midlife crisis is over.
Man, 6mpg is just nutty.. an oil burner could definitely be what the Doctor ordered. For me the '10 HSE has adequate power, but I will definitely take more torque and better fuel economy any day of the week. the '10 SC will be an option but it's just a little past what I want to spend at this point. Prices will come down and there will be low mile demos out there in a few months so we will see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts