RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never been so accustomed to seeing a check engine light as I have with my 2004 Rover :neutral: I'm currently throwing a P1450 Evap code. AutoZone couldn't tell me anything other than the code and I can't find anyone reporting a P1450 using search. I'm guessing it's related to a leak in the evap system. Gas cap seems like the obvious culprit. Cap is relatively new, but I checked it over anyway and it didn't appear loose. Nonetheless I removed and re-tightened

Anything else I can check over?

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
It is not a fault for a leak, its for the electrical circuit of the DMTL pump(what checks for a leak in the system)

This is generally caused by the pump itself, but full diagnostic equipment would be needed to verify it is not a wiring issue. The pump is pretty easy to replace, located behind the wheel liner of the right rear wheel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is not a fault for a leak, its for the electrical circuit of the DMTL pump(what checks for a leak in the system)

This is generally caused by the pump itself, but full diagnostic equipment would be needed to verify it is not a wiring issue. The pump is pretty easy to replace, located behind the wheel liner of the right rear wheel.
Thank you very much!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Too bad it's not as easy as the evaporative (I have to spell it out because this POS spell check keeps changing it to evap) system fault I had many months ago.
All I had to do was spray some WD-40 into the evaporative system valve that hangs on the front of the engine, and it's been fine since. It was sticking, and giving me a control circuit fault. Can't recall the exact fault code.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts