RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a mostly rust free 95 SWB which has all the common interior parts cracked or broken. I’ve also gained access to a 3D printer through work, and was hoping someone had .stl files for some of the more common bits, like the instrument surround, hvac control frame, etc.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You have a large format printer. That will take a while. I have not seen much in the way of str files. I was able to find some door cams and print those up. I am looking for the front duct work. I am taking the dash off now. I properly will be plastic welding and building up with epoxy

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
I think you’re going to have a tough time finding files for the larger pieces. You may want to check Congleton Services.

I can’t speak to the actual quality of these pieces, but their reputation in the Rover community is good. Pricing is fair considering these are not large volume pieces.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can print them myself is what I'm saying, I was hoping someone had already scanned them and was willing to share files, but if needs be I can have them scanned.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I can't help you with scanned files, but I would be interested in purchasing some of your results. So far I have been rebuilding parts using ABS pipe glue. It can be poured into little molds and as it dries can be used as a paste with imbedded gussets.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Those are some large parts to print off. I doubt there are any 3D scans out there, but you could measure and model them in CAD.
What kind of printer are you using? What material are you planning to use?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are some large parts to print off. I doubt there are any 3D scans out there, but you could measure and model them in CAD.
What kind of printer are you using? What material are you planning to use?
The university I work at gives me access to a few different options as far as printers, as well as different filament choices- I'd probably use ABS for interior parts, and the printer choice will be size based. I also have access to a scanner, but was hoping the files were already out there. I'm going to start with the insert on the door panels, and the instrument cluster surround.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts