Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
"Massively more torque at lower rpm" was a new piece of information (at least for me) to explain why the SVR feels more powerful than just the 40 more horsepower.

·
Registered
112 Posts
"Massively more torque at lower rpm" was a new piece of information (at least for me) to explain why the SVR feels more powerful than just the 40 more horsepower.
The SVR definitely feels more powerful by the seat of the pants test than the Supercharged and Autobiography variants, much more so than 40 hp. My SVR drifted over the weekend too!

·
Banned
67 Posts
Funny he notes in video it has bigger air intakes for the water to air intercoolers to cool the "SuperChargers" Plural lol like it has more than 1.. Then he notes specifically more than once how it has 50 more torque, even though it's all over the web final HP & TQ #'s are 550 HP 502 TQ, raising the standard tuned engine from 510 HP & 461 TQ IE this means TQ only rises 41 ft pounds not 50.. Etc I just find it amusing a guy working for Land Rover during his video review would get these important stats so jumbled..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Did anyone else notice the SVR he was driving in this video has the metal look power window switch covers? Thought these surrounds were only installed after market? (Some refer to them as "Metal Look Seat Switch Covers").

·
Banned
67 Posts
Here's another random article on the SVR. I have to agree that the sport seats are my least favorite aspect of the SVR. Looks like it's trying to hard and a little cheesy, IMO. Otherwise, I am very jealous of the exhaust note that everyone loves. http://www.cnet.com/news/2016-range-rover-sport-svr-xcar-quick-drive/#ftag=YHFd1c3725
You can have the exact same sound w/trick on/off button in cab by buying the Startech/Brabus Valve Controlled exhaust like me & a few others have done here, it sounds exactly the same but a bit pricey etc.. I's worth every penny, & is the most wicked snarling/backfiring/burbling exhaust I've ever had on any of my past or present autos.. The wail thru the cabin w/Valves Open is redonkulous I had few bros w/me for lunch I punched it in light traffic & ALL there mouths dropped saying wtf?? Is that your RRS?? What in the hel-l did you starve it for a month & beat it or what??? It's soooo DAM nED ANGRY!!! lolo

I literally shut the Valves whenever I see police, as this will def get you a sound violation ticket... But I bet I can/could get out of it if he's not certain it was comig from my RRS as my on/off buttons hidden in Ciggy box/tray if you shut Valves it becomes very civilized in less than a sec.

Here's a couple pix of button w/Valves open, it has glowing blue backlight..

·
Registered
161 Posts
Noticed Harry shows the spare has been deleted to save precious time on the Nurburgring (!) - anyone know if you can still drop a full size spare in the standard RRS tire hole?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts