RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I wanted to know why and I know alot of Rover owners who had the previous model will agree that the sound system in the new RR really sucks? The previous model was awesome. Dont get me wrong, the new one has clarity, but there is a huge lack of depth and it sounds like im in a hall. I ended up by-passing the current subwoofers and installing 2 Morel 8" subwoofers with an eclipse amplifier.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I installed a quad double loop back receiver to boost the sound and purchased a Kweller-Manfield amplifier for just under $12OO. I also had cork lining installed along the door panels to help prevent sound from leaking to the outside while driving.

Lastly, I line my hat with heavy duty aluminum foil to protect my head from neutrinos emitted from exploding black holes in distant galaxies.

dG

·
Registered
59 Posts
Derek Glickstein said:
I installed a quad double loop back receiver to boost the sound and purchased a Kweller-Manfield amplifier for just under $12OO. I also had cork lining installed along the door panels to help prevent sound from leaking to the outside while driving.

Lastly, I line my hat with heavy duty aluminum foil to protect my head from neutrinos emitted from exploding black holes in distant galaxies.

dG
as much as a true audio phile i am.... Derek i have truly lost you lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
hk

Suddenly I feel like a moron....I have mispelled Harman Kardon on the topic bar! AAHHHHHHH!!!! God save me please! On a side note... I wish they would whip out aftermarket car audio. It would be great if they did.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
441 Posts
Well, the HK Logic 7 sounds like a hall because it supposedly gives a pseudo-surround sound effect. Personally, i do not see the reason behind the current trend with surround sound. Surround sound is good for movies...NOT music! Music has only one stage...the front. You listen to a concert by facing the speakers.

This is one place where i truly appreciate Mark Levinson systems in high-end Lexus. There's no surround sound trickery. It's just pure imaging and clarity. The speakers are on-par with aftermarket stuff...neodymium magnets on all their speakers, polypropylene & kevlar woofer materials, titanium tweeters with rubber surround. The newer ML speakers have titanium coating on the woofers too! In fact, there's not many aftermarket speakers that can match ML's woofer materials...the only one that come to mind are the MB Quart QSD series.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thai I felt that same way. Although it does do a good job by centering the music to the driver AND passenger... thanks to that center channel. But you are right, music never sounds good on a surround sound mode.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts