RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a bit of market research. Many of the plastic parts on Classics are very hard to find, if not impossible, in a condition good enough for a show car or good restoration.
I am considering remaking making a quantity of these parts and to make it worthwhile want to to know if any one else out there has similar needs to me.
The parts I am thinking of reproducing are the Console that holds the radio and climate control on soft dash, the speedo Bezel, the door pulls from soft dash, and hard dash fuse cover and seat base front access hatch.
All I am looking for is how many people would be interested and are there other things I should be thinking of making?

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
8 Posts
I don't know if this would qualify for what you have in mind, but a lot of hard dash classics that I've seen have issues with the console box lid in the area where the hinge attaches.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Definitely interested in the lower dashboard panels - the ones with the aircon vents and clock - but mine is a RIGHT hand drive so that might be a problem from the US (but not UK or Australia) Also want the panel from the front of the center cubby holding the window switches and the covers for the A and B pillars.

I want them for a 1991 Hi-line and intend to sand and veneer them in real timber so the condition is not important as long as they re intact . Obviously I can use the existing ones but it will be easier to get a replacement set to work on before swapping them.

On the same subject, does anyone know what kind of plastic was used to make these components? They could be PVC and not all glues/epoxies etc will bond with that

·
Registered
24 Posts
I wish there was a remanufactured centre cubby box available - they really are shoddy!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Tim, I have only just read your post. I have a 95 RRC soft dash and would be interested in any parts you may be making. Any dash parts, speaker surrounds, door pulls etc. Sorrel Brown for the trim. Please keep us informed of your progress. Oh, for me, right hand drive as I am in Oz. Cheers. Phil.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Congelton Service in VT offers a really nice solution for broken '95 HK speaker covers. They're not cheap but nothing is when it comes to some of the unobtainium for these trucks.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
sshamsid, the idea of this thread is that people want NEW parts to replace their failed plastic parts. These parts, due to the type of plastics used, age out, crack or otherwise fail. These parts are at a minimum 23 years old. You are not at all likely to find a parts car with these parts in good enough shape to be removed in one piece.

Then again, the OP has not been on line since posting this thread. Apparently he is not going to follow up or move forward with the parts he was interested in producing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts