RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi need advice. When I have test light on fuse #18 (fuel pump fuse) when I turn ignition on, light glows for a second then goes out, then when I try to start it there is no light. When there is a light at starting it starts easy. The rave says fuel pump circuit separate from ECM and there should be fuel pump working during starting. I cant see on the electrical diagram were the fuel pump circuit gets it feed from the starting circuit. ?? Starting relay?? Thanks

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
remember the injector pulse wire I mentioned on an earlier post? that is an internal feed to the ecu to the fuel pump relay, in the rave you will find it under the EFI or body electrics.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, If I don't get feed from the ECU when starting to the fuel pump relay, Where does it get its injector pulse feed from, or would you suspect it to be the ECU then?

·
Registered
330 Posts
remember the injector pulse wire I mentioned on an earlier post? that is an internal feed to the ecu to the fuel pump relay, in the rave you will find it under the EFI or body electrics.
This should be 15 & 16 in the fuel injection circuit diagram.
Check both your main relay & fuel pump relay. Main is generic but FP is special.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rave shows injector pulse off Neg of coil, so found that 6.8ohm resistor right by ECU. Had 12volts come to resistor but not through it. Put ohm meter and volt meter on it and it seemed very erratic, which would explain sometimes starts and sometimes dies. Now to find another resistor. Afraid just to jump across it, might blow something up in the ECU. `)

·
Registered
330 Posts
That resistor is pretty elusive. You may have to make one. Also, it's commonly referred to as a chicklet.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
s-l200.jpg 6.8ohm 12v 25watt for when LED's don't work correctly, think it will work?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts