RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the brochure, the 2010 Nav system has moved a away from a DVD and is now Hard Disk Drive based to allow for featues to be accessed more quickly. new maps are uploaded via your Land Rover Retailer.

Does any one know how much Map Updates will cost, will the dealers add a service charge for the upgrade on top of the Map costs?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
I don't believe Land Rover has released specific procedures and pricing for the map updates of the new hard drive based satnav yet. Apparently you will purchase a map upgrade on a web site like you do today, except that instead of being shipped a new DVD you will be provided with an "Unlock code" that you will take to your dealer to obtain the fresh data - uploaded via Firewire port into the nav hard disk - this is no DIY job unfortunately, no more DVD hacking. :( Whether the dealer will tack on an extra fee for labor or not, who knows... Even if the labor is included in the cost of the map it definitely sounds like more of a hassle than the existing DVD-by-mail method, as I just know my dealer would have to keep the car anywhere from a few hours to a day before they can perform the upgrade, which would mean I'd have to make an appointment weeks in advance, beg them for a loaner or pay for a rental car if out of warranty, etc... :roll:

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I betcha since it is a now a writeable hard drive, Big Brother (aka The Man) can keep a complete listing of where I have been, as if anybody cares I drive my 8 year old daughter to ballet 7 days a week.......Careful, they're watching you......

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
A specially configured Firewire hard drive (available at the dealer only) is necessary to perform system software and map data updates on MY2010 and 2011s with hard disk navigation. I believe MY2012+ will be updated via the existing USB port, possibly by the end user and without a dealer's intervention required.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dear All,
Any new info on this, please?
I just don`t feel I should pay $400 to my stealer for this update!
Is there a way to DIY update?
Thanx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts