RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was recommended to put Hankook tyres on my Range Rover Sport next time has anyone got an opinion of whether they are good or bad? thank you :grin:

·
Registered
67 Posts
That's funny, I just bought a set last week. I've had them on other cars before but never the Range. Only have about 400 miles on them right now, but we'll see.

·
Registered
392 Posts
What model of hankook ? I inherited a set of 18” dynapro atms - all terrain - and they were good on/off road - but one tire had a major pull to left , which mechanic said was separated belt ... so at the end of day you get what you pay for ... I’d stick with pirelli for 19” road tires - pepboys has a great deal on those right now

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
11 Posts
I am currently running the Ventus ST and love them. Quiet - responsive handle the slush and snow in Maine - not great on ice but not many are.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Here in CT, my local dealership has been recommending them (Hankook Ventus ST RH06). I have been using them since '11 and been very happy. They are quiet and have excellent dry and wet traction. In the snow they also perform well, of course not as good as a set of snow tires. I use the slightly bigger size - 275/45R20 - in order to give a little extra lip to dampen the harsh ride on 20" wheels in pot-hole filled roads.

·
Registered
91 Posts
@grasshopper,
Hello, with slightly biggger tires, 275/45/20, did you need to adjust the suspension height or does the system throw any codes? Is there a big difference in ride comfort? I am thinking about the same thing: just worrried about the system throwing faults at me, or lowering the truck to its bump stops.Thanks for your time and patience!

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
275/45/20 will have no issues and yes the more sidewall you have the better the ride (ever so slightly better). You could go to a 275/55/20 with no change to the EAS. The only thing to remember is larger tire diameter will decrease the speedometer reading so adjust your foot accordingly. I am running 32" tires and had to modify the wheel well a bit and adjust the EAS and speedometer with the GAP tool.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks so much for your help. What I really want is the 265/50/20 set up, but all the tire shops that I’ve visited said that it was not a good idea. Thanks again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts