Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RangeRover 4.6 HSE Autobiography 2000

Hi, The forums here have been invaluable in the past - I sailed throughout Chapter 'EAS' and more but now I'm stumped!

I am currently on Chapter 'Windowpack' after leaving the sunroof open!:lol:

I have ebayed a second hand one and the rear windows now work, and the sunroof works as well.

Neither front window works, after removing door cards I hear clicks from the outstations when i press the button which makes me think its not the window pack?

Yesterday the left hand window went down but not up - today nothing and jumping the window does not seem to work today either.
The mirrors won't dip to the left either but work other than that?

The guy I got the window pack off seems like a good guy and said he'll exchange it/test if I need to.

I looked in the forums but a half working pack seems odd to me, i've looked at the rave cd and would love to say I was enlightened but sadly no.

If anyone has any idea I would be really grateful.

Thanks

·
Registered
690 Posts
If you can find someone with testbook you can verify that the switches are operating correctly. That said, if it's clicking the outstation relays it's probably okay.

When you say "jumping the window" do you mean you've unplugged it and stuffed 12V into the motor directly? If this doesn't work then all is not well with the window motor or mechanism.

If you' know your radio code, it might be worth disconnecting the battery to force it to relearn its anti-trap settings.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have access to testbook.
Must be user error as I tried jumping the motor with 12v and its fine :)
I have reset the radio code and nothing changes.
I guess i'll send the pack back and get it double checked before going any further - its the mirrors not adjusting to the left which gets me.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply!

·
Registered
690 Posts
It's not resetting the radio code that makes a difference, it's disconnecting the battery long enough for the BeCM to want you to reset the window anti-trap - and you need to put your radio code back in :)

Check which fuse powers the front windows in RAVE.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update:

I've sent the window pack off to the vendor and he's checked it and it all works fine.

So the front windows don't work up or down and the wing mirrors don't dip to the left - the rear windows work and so does the sunroof!

The battery was disconnected last weekend to charge overnight.

I'll have another look at the rave, I didn't think logically the failure of the front windows and the dip could be one fault. Hmmm.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just the front windows don't work now, everything else works.

·
Banned
135 Posts
Just the front windows don't work now, everything else works.
I had an instance like yours a year ago and I finally noticed that I was given a fault code on the instrument cluster when I turned on the ignition. I think it said, "fault with fuse 7" . I replaced it and th windows worked. See if you have a similar message.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Aloha,
Of course, if you left the sunroof open and enough English sunshine poured in to kill the switch pack, it is not much of a stretch to say that some seeped down to the Becm.
I just got mine back from the Becm Doctor (Scotty) and it had some serious corrosion on the power board edge where one of the plugs comes in.
This was a PO issue as I have been good (and lucky!) with keeping it closed in downpours.
I would try pulling the Becm apart for a look.
I would also assume you looked very carefully at the plug to the switch pack? that is where you will find most of the oxidized copper from adding water and power together.
Cheers!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Half a brain!

Received a secondhand replacement outstation from ebay and drivers windows work! Will do same for passenger side.

Clearly in tinkering I made the problem worse but at least its better. `)

Thanks for the suggestions :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts