RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was looking through disco3.co.uk and they say that a gvif is needed to make a reverse camera automatic for a discovery but they also say that the RR already has the software built in so you only need to connect the camera to the back of the factory nav screen to make it auto. I'm pretty confused now. I want to put a reverse camera into my 07 RRS but dont know if i should go ahead and purchase a gvif or just get the connectors for the rear of the nav screen. There is a group buy for these connectors on disco3.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
The Range Rover Sport is no different than the Disco/LR3 (the full size Range Rover is a different story.) There is indeed a Fakra SMB input for a backup camera behind the touchscreen, but that input is dormant and dealers will not enable the backup cam interface for you - assuming they even know how to do it - since it is not spec'd on any model year (up to 2010s, where the camera is included.) Get the GVIF switch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I will post some pics at the end of week or beginning of next. I am waiting on a few parts for some finishing touches.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts