RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My recent threads have been about me getting ready to purchase either a 2006 S/C or a 2007 HSE. This thread will be no different.

I've stumbled across a 2006 S/C Westminster Edition. Buckingham blue with black w/ ivory inserts interior. The only info I can find on this special addition, is that it's a normal S/C Rover with funky interior. Is that correct? Other than the two-tone interior is there anything special about this dune buggy? Any reason to pay a premium for it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
952 Posts
They're uncommon, have a high-content interior (think luxury package on steroids...leather covering everything that doesn't move), and cost a premium.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can't find any info on the 06 Westminster. We have an 04 Westminster and my wife loves it, mainly because it has most of the features available that year (contour seats, rain sensor wipers, 20" wheels) and is all in black.
As remington said, it is luxury on steriods.

Nice to see you here too BenzORama.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Eurotrash! Small internet, huh?

Anyway, here's the truck:

http://www.winnerporsche.com/Newark/For ... V/3620253/

I just got pricing from them, and they're asking $7-8K more than other comparably equipped 2006 S/C Rovers. I'm finding fully loaded ones, with LUX interior, rear DVD etc, for $38-39K, they want $47K!

I don't think the two-tone interior is worth that much of a premium. Oh well, the search continues...

·
Registered
41 Posts
from the advert it does not look as a Westminster Edition! It does not have the limited edition interior badge like 1/300! As far as I know the 2006 Westminsters were all black...

·
Registered
565 Posts
You are better off going with the '07 for the refreshed interior (big differences). Plus, you could probably find one under warranty.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
305 Posts
I looked at a Westminster pre- SC (i.e. Jag engines). The seating & interior touches are the main differences. Not IMHO worth the markup, but after sitting in one & feeling how the seats contour your body perfectly you might reconsider. ;)

I think if you get a late made '06 (i.e. 8/06 on) you'll be fine. The earlier ones were like the current MY'10 with a lot of kinks needing working out. O/w get an '07 SC. Westminster is def overkill and personally not worth the extra $$$, that I'd (personally) sooner put into accessories & other mods.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
When I got my Westminster it was actually cheaper than most of the HSE versions I had been looking at. The luxury seats are optional anyway without Westminster. The extra leather is nice though, and the black finish looks nicer. Not really worth paying extra $$$ to me... I don't know what the markup would normally be, I've never seen another one for sale near me.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
305 Posts
Just a little google info I had stored from my previous Westminster research.

P38

Range Rover Westminster
This was available in either silver or grey paintwork different from the usual paintwork of those colours available and grey tinted alloys. The interior was available in "Westminster Grey" leather upholstery with black piping, light grey poplar wood interior, and further colour coordination to the carpets and ceiling. 400 Range Rover Westminsters were produced; 200 4.6 litre petrol models and 200 2.5 litre diesel models.

North American Westminster Edition Range Rovers were offered with the 4.6-litre V8 and came with the Oxford leather package, the dark popular wood, 18-inch Proline wheels and Java Paint was the only colour option available. A 'Westminster' badge was placed on the tail gate in place of 4.6 HSE. The vehicle was offered in the NAS 2002 model year. Only 300 were made and retailed over US$75,000

MY'04 (from http://www.rangerovers.net/modelspecs/L322/2004.html)
In the US market, the limited "Westminster" edition was introduced. It cost approx $84,000 (including destination charges) and was the first 2004 Range Rover shown to the public (at the NY Auto Show). Land Rover produced 300 of the vehicles.
Pictures at right: 2004 Range Rover Westminster Edition, official press photos

The 2004 Range Rover Westminsters all have Java Black exterior paint. The model has the same black "grand ebony" (jet "piano" black -- "similar to that seen on the finest grand pianos") wood that was first seen on the 2002 Westminster Edition of the previous P38 Range Rover. Jet Black leather interiors with more leather covered surfaces, deep cut pile carpeting, and the deep pile leather Contour seats from last year's Oxford Edition (see official press photo at right). The only features in the interior not in Jet Black were the ivory headliner and grab handles.

The Westminster also introduced Rain Sensor windshield wipers that activate automatically when water is detected, and an integrated cargo area luggage net. They all had the seven spoke 20" Alloy Wheels (vs. the standard six spoke 19" wheels). The Westminster has a silver rectangle "Westminster" badge on the back where other models had the "HSE" logo.

MY'06
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/landrover/ ... r8890.html

MY'08
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/12/22/land ... stminster/

MY'10

Upgrades for the 'Westminster' limited edition model include 20-inch Diamond Turned wheels, an exterior design package, 'Westminster' tailgate branding and stainless steel accents to foot pedals.

Available in either Santorini Black or Stornoway Grey and with Ivory/Jet or Jet/Jet interior styling, it's ultimately the exclusive Marina Black limited edition paint job for the serious punters. 'Westminster'-badged examples start from £62,995 or, in Marina Black, from £63,995.

Hope it helps

1 - 12 of 12 Posts