RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Range Rover HSE 4.4 Jag Motor with 127,000 miles on the odo and located in Greensboro NC. For the past few months I have had a odd gurgle sound around 1200 to 1700 RPM. I have attached a clip of the dash to see RPM and sound along with speed etc. The sound starts around the 28 second mark and continues anytime i get near that RPM

I have replaced the Wheel Bearings, CV Axels, Wheel Hubs previously but this only makes the sound when I press the accelerator. When the window is down it actual makes a slight metallic sound at that same RPM. when the windows are up the sound is what you hear in the video.

Thoughts suggestions of things to check etc would be greatly appreciated. I work on my own vehicle so easy for me to try out various recommendations for the most part.

Thank you all for the help in advance!

https://youtu.be/JT_23TVjmog

Scott

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Wild guesses, check your rear driveshaft carrier bearing. Probably can't see it up above the heat shielding under the truck, but you may be able to wiggle the shaft up and down, or left and right if its worn out. either that or one of the front driveshaft Cv joints.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mark. I had the driveshaft CV Joints replaced 6 to 9 months ago so don't think that is it, but I am interested in checking out the drive shaft bearing you mentioned tomorrow. I have always wondered if it could be something to do with the diff or trans, but without a lift and another person to kind of listne underneath it is hard to pinpoint.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I does sound like something under load is making the groan, You could take a cheap Go Pro clone and attach it to the undercarriage and film whats happening under the truck as you drive. I have a couple of the Chinese copies that only cost about 20 bucks and I have used that to find strange noises and actions under the car while moving. I had a loose rear toe link on my 06, couldn't find anything loose on the ground or on the jack stands, but it showed up clear as day with the truck moving and the wheel under load.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts