RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there experience their Land Rover making "Gurgling noise in the gas tank" while the vehicle is running?

The first issue that I was trying to address with my wife's 2008 LR2 was, while driving the vehicle would "hic-up". The vehicle while driving at a constant speed, would loose power, slow down then get a burst of gas and go.
Thinking that the fuel injectors were dirty is the cause of this issue, I purchase some gas additives to try and brake down anything that may be clogging it. To my surprise when I went to add the injector cleaner to the gas, I heard the inside the gas tank some gurgling noise.

To try and check and see if the gurgling noise is normal and just not notices, I started my other vehicle, only to find out that, it was not making that noise.

Searched in the World Wide Web and found some articles indicating that this was normal as the filler tube is on the right hand side of the vehicle and needed to travel. I waited for my wife to come home as she was driving my Jaguar XF and the gas filler tube is also on the right side. Well, there was no gurgling.

So, I am stumped. Does anyone out there know what I am talking about?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone out there experience their Land Rover making "Gurgling noise in the gas tank" while the vehicle is running?

The first issue that I was trying to address with my wife's 2008 LR2 was, while driving the vehicle would "hic-up". The vehicle while driving at a constant speed, would loose power, slow down then get a burst of gas and go.
Thinking that the fuel injectors were dirty is the cause of this issue, I purchase some gas additives to try and brake down anything that may be clogging it. To my surprise when I went to add the injector cleaner to the gas, I heard the inside the gas tank some gurgling noise.

To try and check and see if the gurgling noise is normal and just not notices, I started my other vehicle, only to find out that, it was not making that noise.

Searched in the World Wide Web and found some articles indicating that this was normal as the filler tube is on the right hand side of the vehicle and needed to travel. I waited for my wife to come home as she was driving my Jaguar XF and the gas filler tube is also on the right side. Well, there was no gurgling.
Visit Autofthings to know how to check car fuses with multimeter that you concern.
So, I am stumped. Does anyone out there know what I am talking about?
It could be not enough gas in tank. Check it. Another cause maybe the filter. If it might have been on long enough to get clogged, replace it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could be not enough gas in tank. Check it. Another cause maybe the filter. If it might have been on long enough to get clogged, replace it.
I thought of that too. I check, it has more than half a tank.
As for the filter being clogged, contacted my local parts supplier and I am being told that this vehicle does not have an external filter, the filter is located in the gas tank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts