RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents.

Anybody have experience with procurring or advice on buying or selecting Gulfstream corporate jet aircraft from United States ?

Been looking for a suitable upgrade for a mate of mine from the Pacific Islands and just asking for tips or what to look out for !

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Christ, you move in different circles to me.

Last year I helped someone buy a VW Polo and someone else sell a Toyota RAV4.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
You need to give Paul Palminteri a ring he will help you select a jet that fits your mission and as well help you choose between a lease or buying outright. Buying a jet can be a huge, time hogging expirence. You just don't roll down to the showroom on a sat morning and take it home in a hour. On top of the jet cost you have to remember you need pilots, insurance, up-keep (its not a $500 service like our Rovers), and depending on your insurance you might need a hangar for the jet which is pain to find at major airports. Don't get me wrong if you can afford it its a 100 times better than standing in security lines and having important flights cancelled. I would recomend Bombardier aircraft over Gulfstream, I like their products alot better plus they have a more hands on sales expirence. Good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Doc.

Got the details for your contact Stateside ? I've only spoken to the Gulfstream representative in Oz with further work to come !

Life is full of needs and wants, yet the future looks bright and from a remote location like the South Pacific becomes important.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Give him a call at 1-949-374-8338.

What range do you need from a jet and what is its mission (cargo, transport of people, medical)??? You have to remember the few jets that can cross the ponds require a large airport. Hard to find in paradise south Pacific. Has he considered a Cessna Caravan that he can hop island to island with and leave at the major airports with international commercial flights when he needs to go abroad. For example a G550 ULR requires 6,000ft of runway to take off on a light load. A Caravan requires 2,100ft, less than half. Plus you can land it on about anything thats somewhat flat, or put floats on and land on the water.

If you cant tell Im a fan of the Caravan. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
91 Posts
vinniman said:
Gents.

Anybody have experience with procurring or advice on buying or selecting Gulfstream corporate jet aircraft from United States ?

Been looking for a suitable upgrade for a mate of mine from the Pacific Islands and just asking for tips or what to look out for !
Cheerio,
Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.
this is kind of like asking how long is a piece of string.
there are GII that are going for a little over a million dollars all the way up to G550 that are over 50 mil. you need to establish what the mission criteria is for YOU and then find the aircraft that fill that particular wish list. anything left over at the end is just bonus. there is no perfect aircraft, they all have strong and weak points. is noise a concern? this means you will need to look at a GIV and up or else add hush kits to a GIII or GII. or find one with the trash cans already installed.

a caravan is nice for island hoping but it is in no way even close to the same class as a large cabin inter-continental jet.

generally speaking, if you have to ask for advice like this on a forum like this, then buying a Gulfstream isn't something you really need to be worrying about. find a broker you trust; i gaurentee they will have the answers you are looking for better than some faceless people from the interwebs.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
91 Posts
Doctor Leo said:
You need to give Paul Palminteri a ring he will help you select a jet that fits your mission and as well help you choose between a lease or buying outright. Buying a jet can be a huge, time hogging expirence. You just don't roll down to the showroom on a sat morning and take it home in a hour. On top of the jet cost you have to remember you need pilots, insurance, up-keep (its not a $500 service like our Rovers), and depending on your insurance you might need a hangar for the jet which is pain to find at major airports. Don't get me wrong if you can afford it its a 100 times better than standing in security lines and having important flights cancelled. I would recomend Bombardier aircraft over Gulfstream, I like their products alot better plus they have a more hands on sales expirence. Good luck with your purchase.

curious why you like Bombardier over gulfstream? has gulfstream done you wrong in the past? how are bombardier's products better?

there is no "might need a hangar". if you dont already have space lined up then obtaining a long range jet is not really your biggest concern, same thing about pilots, maintainence etc.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
385 Posts
david despain said:
this is kind of like asking how long is a piece of string.
there are GII that are going for a little over a million dollars all the way up to G550 that are over 50 mil. you need to establish what the mission criteria is for YOU and then find the aircraft that fill that particular wish list. anything left over at the end is just bonus. there is no perfect aircraft, they all have strong and weak points. is noise a concern? this means you will need to look at a GIV and up or else add hush kits to a GIII or GII. or find one with the trash cans already installed.

a caravan is nice for island hoping but it is in no way even close to the same class as a large cabin inter-continental jet.

generally speaking, if you have to ask for advice like this on a forum like this, then buying a Gulfstream isn't something you really need to be worrying about. find a broker you trust; i gaurentee they will have the answers you are looking for better than some faceless people from the interwebs.
Agree is too broad of a question, first you have to know exactly your requirements, then from them you can start to look for the type of aircraft.

Agree also about the Caravan being a great aircraft but in a totally different segment.

david despain said:
curious why you like Bombardier over gulfstream? has gulfstream done you wrong in the past? how are bombardier's products better?

there is no "might need a hangar". if you dont already have space lined up then obtaining a long range jet is not really your biggest concern, same thing about pilots, maintainence etc.
I also like Bombardier products, especially the top of the line, also passenger wise the GLEX cabin is in a different league.
But I have to say that I have no direct experience with Gulfstream.

In a lot of airport hangar space is not an option, that does not mean you should not get a business jet.

and then ;) (scroll down the page)

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2601013236/m/1621091138

2 Global Express
2 Global XRS
1 GIV
1 GV
1 Falcon 900EX
1 Falcon 2000EX

·
Registered
125 Posts
IMHO i am only a aircraft technician and no experience of bizzz jets..only read those of magazines..and i believe Gulfstream is ultimate plane to go.. :roll:

Rgds:Jukka
RR92 Westminster 4.6
-73 Rover P6 3500Efi

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
So let me understand this correctly.

A friend with the wherewithall to by a Gulstream jet needs his friend to help procure said jet. The friend in the second instance goes on a Range Rover forum to enquire about procuring the aforementioned jet.

Vinni, you're a classic.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIV / L405
332 Posts
Vinni,
PM me. I am current and qualified on GIV, G450, GV, G550. Been flying corporate since 1996. Bombardier products dont compare in the heavy class. Sorry, this is from experience. I can answer questions without trying to cram an airplane down your friends throat. Good time to buy.
Christian

·
Registered
385 Posts
lear60man said:
Been flying corporate since 1996. Bombardier products dont compare in the heavy class.
I respectfully disagree

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guys.

Thanks for all your help & advice (you all know who you are) and hopefully my business partner can go Stateside with eyes open ?

I realise taking off from a 5000ft runway in the tropics, carrying 3.5t of cargo, 2600 miles non-stop is specific to our mission !

Noticed several corporate jets based in Port Moresby, PNG last month compared to 2009 & appears LNG business is really flying.
All developing countries are really booming with 7%+ growth compared to the rest of the world and even Australia is out classed.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts