RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

i am just posting a quick guide on how to lower and raise the air suspension manually in the case of a failed suspension ecu or height sensors for people who dont have a diagnostics system that can do it for them,a example of the use case for me the car was stuck on the lowest possible at the rear and super extended at the front it was completely undrivable like this i couldnt get in or out of my parking space without nearly ripping my mud guards off

(BEFORE I START IF ANYONE WANTS HELP JUST GIVE ME A MESSAGE I AM HAPPY TO DO A VIDEO CALL TO GUIDE ANYONE THROUGH THE PROCESS)

SO HERE IS A LIST OF THE THINGS YOU WILL NEED

.4 PIECES OF THE THINNEST WIRE YOU CAN FIND (OR JUST TRIM SOME OFF THE ENDS OF A BIGGER PIECE OF WIRE AS YOU NEED A THIN END TO FIT IN SOME OF THE PINS)
.TORX BIT TO ACCESS THE PLUGS
.WIRE CUTTERS OR A LIGHTER (TO TRIM THE PLASTIC FROM THE 4 PIECES OF WIRE)

so remove the lower trim piece pictured

remove both plugs from the eas ecu as pictured(you wont need to remove it

so you need to get 4 pieces of wire about the lengh from your wrist to your elbow trim the plastic insulaton off both ends one end can be reasonably thick the other has to be thin say 3 for strands of the actual wire if using the same guage as 12v radio cable (speaker wire is ideal dont worry the connection is only made momentarily)

ok so the small plug with the large pins has a red 12v positive and a brown negative wire and pins these are the only ones you will be using on this plug

the larger plug with a lot more but smaller pins you will be putting your wires into different pins depending on the function required(dont worry about damaging anything the worse thing that can happen is you will blow fuse number 57 in the glove box its a 15 amp just make sure not to replace it with anything higher than 15 amp then you could cause damage(little tip if you dont have anything as high at 15 amp remove the fuse before starting and put your lower amp fuse in untill you put your plugs back put your 15 amp back)

so here is the plug with the smaller pins they are clearly numbered on the plug its self

I RECOMMEND USING TWO RED WIRES AND TWO BLACK WIRES(OR BROWN) TO LOWER THE RISK OF CONFUSION

TO RAISE THE FRONT OF THE CAR

USE THE THIN END OF ONE THE WIRES YOU HAVE AND INSERT IT FULLY INTO PIN 7 ON THE PLUG ABOVE AND THE OTHER SIDE TO THE PIN ON THE SMALLER PLUGS PIN WITH THE BROWN CABLE (INSERT FULLY TO PREVENT THE CONDUCTIVE PIECE OF YOUR CABLE TOUCHING THE OTHER CABLES)

INSERT ONE OF THE THIN ENDS OF YOUR SECOND CABLE YOU HAVE JUST JOINED INTO PIN 8 ON THE PLUG IN THE PICTURE

INSERT THE THIN END FROM YOUR THIRD CABLE INTO PIN 16

NOW GET BOTH OF THE THICK ENDS OF THE CABLES SYOU JUST INSERTED INTO PIN 8 AND 16 AND TWIST THEM TOGETHER AND INSERT THE TWISTED PIECE INTO THE PIN ON THE SMALL PLUG WITH THE RED WIRE ON IT (MAKE SURE ITS INSERTED FULLY)

YOU WILL NOW HEAR YOUR AIR PUMP RUNNING

STAND OUT SIDE THE CAR AND WATCH UNTILL THE CAR IS RAISED TO THE REQUIRED HEIGHT( DO NOT RAISE ABOVE THE FACTORY HEIGHT!)

WHEN YOU ARE AT THE HEIGHT YOU REQUIRE THEN REMOVE ALL THE WIRES YOU INSERTED

TO RAISE THE REAR OF THE CAR

INSERT ONE THIN PIECE OF YOUR WIRE INTO PIN 10 ON THE PLUG PICTURED INSERT THE OTHER END INTO THE PIN ON THE SMALL PLUG WITH THE BROWN WIRE

INSERT ONE THIN PIECE OF YOUR WIRE TO PIN 11 ON THE PLUG PICTURED

INSERT ONE THIN PIECE OF YOUR WIRE TO PIN 16 THEN TWIST THE THICK PIECE TOGHETHER WITH THE THICK END OF THE WIRE YOU INSERTED INTO PIN 11

INSERT THE TWISTED PIECE INTO THE PIN ON THE SMALL PLUG WITH THE RED WIRE

WATCH AS THE REAR RAISES WHEN LEVEL REMOVE THE WIRES AGAIN

TO LOWER THE FRONT

insert one thin end of your wire to pin 7 of the pictured plug

insert one thin end of your wire to pin 35

twist both of the thick ends of your two cables together then insert them into the pin on the small plug with the brown wire ( OR ONTO THE NEGATIVE LEAD OF A SPARE BATTERY OR JUMP PACK)

insert one thin end of your wire to pin 8

insert one thin end of your wire to pin 17

twist both of the thick ends of cable that you inserted to pin 8 and 17

insert the cable you just twisted into the pin on the small plug with the red wire ( OR ONTO THE POSITIVE LEAD OF A SPARE BATTERY OR JUMP PACK)

(WATCH AS THE FRONT LOWERS REMOVE THE CABLES AS SOON AS THE CAR IS TO THE CORRECT POSITION DO NOT GO LOWER THAN THE FACTORY SETTINGS)

TO LOWER THE REAR OF THE CAR

insert one thin end of your wire to pin 10

insert one thin end of your wire to pin 35

twist both thick ends of cable you inserted to pin 10 and 35 together

insert the twisted wires into the pin with the brown wire on the small plug ( OR ONTO THE NEGATIVE LEAD OF A SPARE BATTERY OR JUMP PACK)

insert one thin end of your wire to pin 11

insert one thin end of your wire to pin 17

twist both pieces of wire you inserted into pin 11 and 17 together

insert the twisted piece into the pin with the red wire on the small plug ( OR ONTO THE POSITIVE LEAD OF A SPARE BATTERY OR JUMP PACK)

watch as the rear lowers (DO NOT LOWER BELOW THE FACTORY SETTING)

After you have the car to the correct height if you swapped your fuse with a smaller amp fuse swap back to the blue 15amp before you finish

plug both plugs back into the eas ecu and put your removed panels back on

I HOPE THIS HELPED SOMEONE IF ANYONE WANTS TO RE WRITE MY GUIDE I WOULD APRECIATE IT AS I AM NOT VERY GOOD AT WRITING GUIDES ALTHOUGH EVERYTHING I HAVE SAID IS 100% CORRECT JUST NOT THE BEST INSTRUCTION WISE

A RECOMENDATION IF YOU HAVE A SPARE CAR BATTERY OR A JUMP PACK YOU COULD USE THIS FOR YOUR POSSITIVE AND NEGATIVE THAT WAY YOU DONT NEED TO REMOVE THE SMALL PLUG AND KEEP INSERTING AND REINSTERTING WIRES

C2030

PIN 5 GROUND
PIN 10 POSITIVE 12V

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
IF Someone would like to rewrite the guide for me i would apresiate it i have got everything 100% correct i am just not brilliant at explaining things

i am happy to do a video call with anyone who would like help to do this

i have posted on another forum and all i got was crap from them tbh saying this was pointless ect but it helped me big time while i was waiting on a daignostics machine and a part

plus it would mean you could drive to a garage to have the car fixed rather than have to be recovered as in my case the rear was on the ground the front up as high as it could go

my friends i just did his was on the ground front and rear both where drivable but i would imagine them to end up with more damage

1 - 2 of 2 Posts